Pit Crew Wanted for Virginia Speed World Challenge Touring Car Race- yes you

This thread is an offer to those who are available Oct 24th through October 27th. To qualify to be a crew member you must meet the following requirements.
· Be at least 18 years old.
· A current member of the SCCA, or able to become a member by paying the SCCA fee.
· Have decent mechanical ability. Minimum ability of swapping wheels and suspension. Able to change a header or exhaust. Possible electrical knowledge.
· Have a good knowledge of Hondas
· No medical ailments that would prevent you from performing your best.
· Provide your own transportation to an from Virginia International Raceway each day of the event.
· Provide your own accommodations for the event. I will notify you as to the hotel we are staying at.
· Are not addicted to any drugs other than racing.

Who is this for?
This is to become a crew member for ProMotion Motorsports. ProMotion’s Driver is Blake Fuller. We will be using a 1992-1995 Honda Civic Hatchback with a Type R motor installed. This is the same vehicle used to win the Pikes Peak Hill Climb this year and we have raced it in years past. See picture below,

Why do I need Help?
Simple. This is a last minute race for us. I was planning on racing this event all year. As some of you may know Honda is Extremely back-ordered on parts. As such, I did not expect to have the parts ready to compete. However, another racer is generously helping out. And I am getting to compete in my first World Challenge Race! But all my friends(crew) are already obligated to other matters….so you get the chance to come help and hang out!

What will be required of you? I am viewing this event as a very expensive track day. It is not my goal to win, only to finish. I will be arriving with the vehicle 98% ready to compete. However, if something should break during practice, qualifying or the race, having extra hands around would give us a better chance at finishing.

What’s in it for you?
· You get to enter into the pit area at the race and be part of the team.
· Experience
· Lots of Fun!!!
· I am sure there is other items, you’ll just have to come and find out!

Additional information:

This offer will be limited to the 8 most qualified individuals who wish to help out. I will require that those who assist, display themselves in a professional manner while on track or in the pits. As mentioned I need 8 people. That doesn’t mean that you and a couple friends who meet the requirements can’t all come.
While I listed the dates, if you can make it for Sat and Sunday only please notify me, so that I can put you on a back-up list.

Does it cost anything? Yes, I will need those who are coming to cover the cost of the SCCA credential. While I would love to cover this for you, I am unable to do so. When our team is not racing, if there is no work to do, you are free to do as you wish. And you’ll have the best seats in the house.

How do you find out more?
If you meet all the above requirements and wish to help out, please email me at [email protected] the following information:

Name:
How many will be coming to the race with you:
Type of vehicle you drive:
Mechanical experience:
Racing Experience:
Why you feel you can help out:

Back