Pictures of my new NSX

I picked this NSX up in September, but waited to post until I made some changes to make it just the way I wanted it. Bought it from a great guy in Missouri, and had it shipped out here to Washington State, and I've been having a great time with it. When I got it, it was bone stock, but the seller had done all the right maintenance - window regulators replaced, 60k mile service with belts, water pump, etc... Needless to say, this NSX was a great find. The car has been perfect, but I've already failed once trying to repair the Bose amps, so the stereo is still lacking. However, the exhaust makes great music with the Flowmaster that I put on...

The background:
-1991 NSX
-38,400 miles
-5 speed
-Red/Black
-color-keyed Red top (I love it!)

Since I got it, I have added:
-ADR Kasai Wheels 17x8 and 18x9
-Custom mandrel-bent 2.5" FlowMaster exhaust with dual-walled 4" stainless tips
-30% window tint all around

So far, this car has caused 1 accident from a guy rubbernecking and rear-ending the car in front of him. :biggrin:

It looks and sounds beautiful! Here are some pics:
10991SSCN0173.JPG

10991SSCN0174.JPG

10991SSCN0175.JPG

10991SSCN0176.JPG

10991SSCN0141.JPG

Last edited:
If you don't mind saying, how much did you buy the NSX for? I'm in the market looking for one with similar miles and the same year. thanks.

nsxndy said:
Those are the best aftermarket rims I have ever seen. How much did they cost and where did you buy them????

Thanks. I did a lot of searching before I decided on the ADR Kasai with the silver finish.

Believe it or not, I got the whole package deal with 4 rims and tires through Les Schwab, and the total came to $1430 for rims AND tires... I purchased the Hancook Ventus tires for it, which seem to be doing well so far. I would have preferred the Nitto 555, but the are only a good deal through Discount Tire, and I got a better deal by buying the wheels and tires as a package.

If you want these rims, you had better hurry because ADR has discontinued to 18x9 size. Also, the fronts came with black center caps. I had to get creative to get the smaller silver center caps to fit correctly. I'd be happy to tell you how I did it (long learning experience). If you end up getting the wheels, just PM or email me and I'll walk you through the whole deal to get the setup just like mine...

Hybridnsx: I'm really happy with the way that I have it right now. After I get the stereo fixed, I'm going to drive it for a while and the see what additional mod bugs hit me :wink:

NSX4JP: Each car deal is different, and I don't particularly feel comfortable sharing how much I paid for the car itself. I believe that the seller and I both got a fair deal. The car was accurately represented, and confirmed by the Acura dealership upon inspection. However, I can tell you that the pricing guide on this site, located at http://www.nsxprime.com/FAQ/BuySell/pricing.htm is a great place to start, and should give you an idea as to where you should be negotiating from. The key is to find the car that meets all of your criteria and a seller that you feel comfortable with. That is worth a few extra dollars, and will save you MUCH more money in the long run on unexpected repairs.

How do you like the FlowMaster? Is it loud all the time, or just when you open up the throttle? Most importantly, how much? I have been looking at the ARK off FleaBay!

Thanks.

inxs said:
How do you like the FlowMaster? Is it loud all the time, or just when you open up the throttle? Most importantly, how much? I have been looking at the ARK off FleaBay!

Thanks.

The FM exhaust sounds awesome. I've been very pleased. It is certainly loud at WOT, but is livable at cruising RPM. Cruising down the freeway at about 3k RPM, I can hear the exhaust behind me, but I can also hear the engine spinning as well, if that tells you how quiet the noise is. There is no resonation in the cabin, and if you were listening to music in the cabin, then it could easily drown out the exhaust note at that RPM. Bear in mind, the exhaust will ALWAYS be louder than stock at any RPM, and you can actually hear the exhaust at any RPM, so the sound will never go away. But when you are at low RPMs, it is not annoying at all to me.

As far as cost, I purchased the muffler and tips from 21st Century exhaust, as they were the cheapest by far. Muffler was about $73 and the tips were $35 each IIRC... The parts for the piping cost somewhere around $80-90 for the mandrel-bent 2.5" tubing, and I had a local hot rod shop make the exhaust for me. The final bill for parts+labor to get the whole system fabricated and installed was somewhere around $550. Definitely worth the investment.

Duc at Team Spugen will make you a setup without even seeing your car, if you would prefer that. It also costs $550 (plus shipping) when I talked to him a few months ago, so this could also be a good option. I have not seen one of his setups in person yet. However, for the same price I also got the dual-walled stainless tips and the whole system installed by my local shop. If you are going to have it made locally, make sure it is someone that you trust...

I hope that helps. I would also recommend downloading some sound clips of a FM setup to listen to. I listened to a lot of those before I decided on my setup.

Eric

Congratulations, very nice looking car. I love them in red! Enjoy driving it and watch out for those people that are so stunned by the car that they crash into things.

Those prices on the "Fair Market Value" section of FAQ are optomistic at best. Look at eBay and traderonline.com. NSX's listed at those prices either don't sell or receive no bids. There should be a table for "Real Market Value."

itshumble said:
very nice. good job so far. ne plans to lower?
thanks to everyone for the nice comments. As of now, i'm not planning to lower it, as I think it looks pretty good, and I appreciate having some ground clearance :) I like the lowered look, but not sure if it's worth the loss in clearance.... however, things may change in the future.

NICE!
Please post the model number of the muffler you bought if possible.
Pics of your exhaust would be great, and don't stop at just one pic!
Jeoulous!
Trev
I bet it feels faster now that its louder!
I'm going to save on a supercharger and just make mine louder!!!

ffffanman said:
NICE!
Please post the model number of the muffler you bought if possible.
Pics of your exhaust would be great, and don't stop at just one pic!
Jeoulous!
Trev
I bet it feels faster now that its louder!
I'm going to save on a supercharger and just make mine louder!!!
Trev,
The model number of the muffler is the Flowmaster 42582, and the phone number for 21st Century Exhaust is 1-800-276-6399. I am not sure of the part number on the tips. I just told them that I wanted the stainless tips with 2.5" entry and 4" exit. I just love how they are smaller in inner diameter, then flare out to meet the outside diameter. And, as requested, here are some pics of the install that I took this morning. I've been very happy with it.
10991SSCN0181.JPG

10991SSCN0182.JPG

10991SSCN0184.JPG

10991SSCN0180.JPG

Very nice NSX. I think your choice of modifications are excellent. Thanks for sharing information on these as well as their prices. I'm glad to see that none of them were unreasonably expensive. Any more pictures are certainly weclome if you choose to post more.

:biggrin:

I painted my roof on my 1992 as well. Looks simply unreal... now lower that car immediatly! :wink:

Tachyon said:
Very nice NSX. I think your choice of modifications are excellent. Thanks for sharing information on these as well as their prices. I'm glad to see that none of them were unreasonably expensive. Any more pictures are certainly weclome if you choose to post more.

:biggrin:
Thanks a lot! You can actually spend whatever you want on your NSX, depending on your mods. I only wanted a few mods, and fortunately they were reasonably priced and were exactly what I wanted. However, you could go a different direction and spend a ton more money if you want. I have lots of other pictures, so if you want something specific posted, let me know :)

Last edited:
Back