Picture of 00 NSX from Glendale Mitsubishi

I went in glendale mitsu this morning to check out their 00 NSX and took these photos for one of the member BaN. I am no expert at checking for signs of accident. please give some feedback if there is something that you notice from the picture.

I wasn't able to test drive the car or move the car to get better angle, (punk sales) wouldn't even let me start the car. :mad:

Attachments

• dsc00458.jpg
    dsc00458.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 808
NSXWIND,

Thanks for effort to help me out.
It's crazy that they didn't let you test drive the car. What if you're really serious about buying that car? From the pictures, it looks like the front end has been in some kind of accident. How is the interior's condition?

IMO I think interior shows normal wear for 66K mile, but for some reason the passenger side shows more wear.

-car was acquired from an auction
-dealer does not have previous record at all
-they have had the car in the lot for more than 2 month
-was priced at somewhere around 55G
Me: what do you know about the history of this car?
Punk: a lot people ask me that but you have to keep in mind this is a used car, I do not know anything about this car until it was in our lot.
Me: anything that needs attention when you guys got it from auction?
Punk: not that I know of, if someone can afford this car then they can afford to fix it.
Me: why the hell would someone buys it when they know there is problem (I was pissed by his attitude)
Punk:..............................
Punk: the car is in great condition, don't worry we give you 30 days 1000 mile warranty.
Me:................................

RyRy210 said:
Did you take your NSX to the dealer? Was he aware that you are an NSX owner yourself?

Yes I did, I made my intention very clear when I walk in the dealership. "I am not here to buy, I am here to check. if everything goes well you will have a buying customer this weekend."

Man, these guys must takes classes on how not to sell cars.

I heard the same lines at the Saturn Dealership in Bridgewater, NJ about their '01 red/tan NSX with +- 6K miles on it.

The car is beautiful, as far as I know it is in perfect condition (note the escape clause "as far as I know", we offer a 30 day warranty plus the car has the remainder of the factory warranty....

then despite fairly obvious paint work, the young kid salesman said oh no, that is the way they come out of the factory.....then when I pointed out a crack in the rear spoiler and a missing fastener, he said oh that's nothing, a couple of dollars can fix that - then the best part, we have a man that comes around to the dealership and takes dents out and fixes bumpers, etc. we can have him fix and paint that right here today if you want to buy the car...yeah right!

They did offer to let me drive the car though. I can't imagine they would not let a serious buyer drive the car. I have said it before and I will continue to say it, buy from an Acura dealership! Of course if you find an actual original owner with the car's history available and he hasn't had it detailed buy some shop that pains the hoses, etc, that is not bad either. I would have bought from an original owner if that opportunity presented itself. I would have still taken it in for a pre-purchase inspection by Acura and then bought the extended warranty.

Let that car sit at the Mitsubishi dealership until they come to their senses and act accordingly and I might add, adjust the price.

get the vin

get the vin number and run a free carfax in the other forum. That will tell you why they will not let you test drive the car

Cairo94507 said:
Let that car sit at the Mitsubishi dealership until they come to their senses and act accordingly and I might add, adjust the price.

they are trying to sell it for 47900

NSXWIND said:
Me: anything that needs attention when you guys got it from auction?
Punk: not that I know of, if someone can afford this car then they can afford to fix it.
Me: why the hell would someone buys it when they know there is problem (I was pissed by his attitude)
Punk:..............................
Punk: the car is in great condition, don't worry we give you 30 days 1000 mile warranty.
Me:................................

If someone ran that 'they can afford to fix it' line past me I would have said, 'Or they can afford to buy one with no problems from a salesman that is not a prick,' and walked off. Sales people amaze me sometimes. Especially when you went in with your NSX!! :rolleyes:

If someone ran that 'they can afford to fix it' line past me I would have said, 'Or they can afford to buy one with no problems from a salesman that is not a prick,' and walked off. Sales people amaze me sometimes. Especially when you went in with your NSX!!

Thats a great comeback. The 'ol "if you can't afford a (insert high end car name) then dont buy it" line is well worn and really a laugher. I got the same atttidue from the BMW and Ferarri guys. I would always say something to the effect that I didn't get financially independent by making stupid buying decisions, try that line on a poser.

IMO, buying any high end car without the service records is super risky; you have no idea what kind of life it led. I bought my X from an independent dealer, and he had a complete file from the previous owner with all the service data, etc. Anyone looking for an X should just hold out for the right car- it's tough waiting but it will pay off down the road.

As for this dealer, as others have said, I would not waste my time.

Back