Pics of a 2002+ New Formula Red with Matching Red Interior

nsx04.jpg

All of the colored interiors are rare. Red, Blue, Silver, Orange and Yellow interiors are very rare and matching spare parts for these interiors are very hard to find. Red is the rarest with 21 used in red or black NSXs. There were only 8 Red/Red cars produced. The color matched interiors are as follows:

Red/Red 8
Black/Red 13
Yellow/Yellow 41
Orange/Orange 41
Silver/Silver 116
Blue/Blue 33

All of the colored interiors are rare. Red, Blue, Silver, Orange and Yellow interiors are very rare and matching spare parts for these interiors are very hard to find. Red is the rarest with 21 used in red or black NSXs. There were only 8 Red/Red cars produced. The color matched interiors are as follows:

Red/Red 8
Black/Red 13
Yellow/Yellow 41
Orange/Orange 41
Silver/Silver 116
Blue/Blue 33

There are, I believe, less Imola/Onyx than Imola/ Orange.

There are, I believe, less Imola/Onyx than Imola/ Orange.

There are fewer. But you can get a black interior on any NSX. I was talking interiors only. Parts for these interiors are incredibly hard to acquire now. At least the orange parts are. A retired exec of the Honda Parts Division told me to get them when I find them because when they go on back order that is generally code for discontinued. And when they stop making the colored parts, the default will be Black(Onyx) or Tan. I have purchased some of the interior parts that wear over time like carpet, door speaker covers, etc. Some parts are already discontinued.

Though I would have liked an Imola/Onyx, there are too few and it's not going to happen. So I feel fortunate to have the car I have. Before I saw the orange interior in person I was very concerned that I wouldn't like it. However, the leather is more like tan with an orange tint. Sort of like pumpkin pie filling and it complements the car well. I replaced the OEM orange floor mats with OEM black to complement the black dash and console. I have seen all of the colored interiors in person now and you'd be surprised how good they look. Cameras tend to make them look brighter than they are but, they are actually coordinated well with the exterior.

Attachments

• 2014%20NSXPO2014_10_16-19_09_51-XL.jpg
    2014%20NSXPO2014_10_16-19_09_51-XL.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 413
Not a color match, but I am very glad I ended up choosing a berlina car with the ivory interior. To me, the onyx interiors are just too stark. Of course keeping the ivory looking good is a chore but worth the effort.

Not a color match, but I am very glad I ended up choosing a berlina car with the ivory interior. To me, the onyx interiors are just too stark. Of course keeping the ivory looking good is a chore but worth the effort.

I have ivory and black as well, but I don't like it as much as you do!

I have ivory and black as well, but I don't like it as much as you do!

Yeah, that's probably an age thing. Or maybe a Gulf Coast/West Coast thing. To me the ivory looks more high end for the period, like the gathers in the early leather seats.

Back