Picking up my NSX on Monday!!!

After months of looking for a White w/Black interior or deciding to order one, I am picking up one this Monday in Florida. It is a '92 coupe that was owned by an older man that never really drove the car. It only has 13,500 miles on it.
He spent over $47,000 upgrading the car in 1999 with everything from Comptech (i.e. supercharger, clutch, flywheel, springs, header, exhaust, ECU, gauges) and also did the conversion to 6 speed transmission and R&P 4.76 gears. I have received all of the paperwork of all of the work done by one NSX tech at the Acura dealer where the car was purchased and also received many pictures of the car as it sits right now. It looks new and I am told by a few good gentlemen that this car runs absolutely perfect. Only mod left on my list for this car is a new set of wheels. Flying to Tampa to check the car out Monday morning myself and if all is well, will have the money wired to his bank and bring that baby home to Augusta.
I will keep everyone posted.

Thanks Viper,
I would love to come down there. My wife has been many times(she grew up here), but I've only been once(I'm originally from Pittsburgh). If there are any meets sometime this summer in the area I am game or if it is just a few people for a weekend get together.
Thanks again,
Chris

I am trying to meet the other NSX owners in the area. So far I have only met one and he has a 98.

Maybe we can get the guys from SC to come down too.

Or if you want to come out here for a weekend, you could stay at our place for the night. We would love some company!

NetViper said:
I am trying to meet the other NSX owners in the area. So far I have only met one and he has a 98.

Maybe we can get the guys from SC to come down too.

Or if you want to come out here for a weekend, you could stay at our place for the night. We would love some company!

That would be great. I'll let you know when I get back. We may be able to do something in the next couple weeks. We should see if we can round up some other X owners.

There are only 2 that I know around here (the NSX tech at the dealer doesn't know any others in Augusta, but says there are a few in Columbia, SC), and they are both from the dealer here. One is the service manager and the other is the parts manager. Both of them are garage queens though, they never drive them, and seriously doubt they would make a trip with theirs. The service manager even told me that some days he will just open his garage door, back the NSX out, look at it for a few minutes in his driveway, and then pull it back into the garage. What a waist of a beautiful machine. That's like grilling a perfect steak and then throwing it in the trash instead of eating it. I for one will fully enjoy driving mine. I hope there are more drivers out there like me.

CRCsNSXr said:
Both of them are garage queens though, they never drive them, and seriously doubt they would make a trip with theirs. The service manager even told me that some days he will just open his garage door, back the NSX out, look at it for a few minutes in his driveway, and then pull it back into the garage. What a waist of a beautiful machine. That's like grilling a perfect steak and then throwing it in the trash instead of eating it. I for one will fully enjoy driving mine. I hope there are more drivers out there like me.

Yes that is a waist, that is just plain crazy :rolleyes: Congraulations on your NSX and post pics when you get it. We all would love to see it, sounds like its a beauty!

Just got back (midnight) and I am tired as hell. The car is awesome. Exterior is perfect, and I mean perfect, not a ding or chip in the paint anywhere. Only thing needed to be done on the interior is get new floormats, and this car is FAST!!! I will clean her up tomorrow and take some pictures. I've got to get to bed.:o

Back