Picked mine up today!

After 10 years of driving CRXs (4 of them in total), I've finally done it...

Red 85k km 1992

I still have my CRX, which is my daily driver, and as much fun (200 bhp/ton) as the NSX : )

I import cars and parts from Japan on my spare time, so if anyone fancy anything, I will be active on NSX scene just as I have done in the CRX scene in the past. Price of parts of CRX tuning parts is like a dust compared to NSX bits though.

Here is some comments...

The car is big (CRX was very small), I am scared parking the car (at the moment), but I suppose the visibility is not that bad, surprisingly I can tell how long the car is (not in the wing mirror), with the help of the rear spoiler.

The gear shift is very nice, it shifts so much easier than my old car. The ergonomics of the dash is very good too, better than any Civics, everything is within reach.

Before VTEC, it feels like any other 3.0 litre Japanese cars like 300ZX or 3000 GTO (can only compare to these as I have tried them in the past), but after VTEC there is no contest. VTEC is not new to me as I have a VTEC CRX too, but there is so much torque.

I have embarraced my girl friend (myself too), cos you get so much attention. There were people taking pictures. And this car costs (used obviously) the same as any other cars out there.

I have been reading about tyres, and I guess I will be looking for new sets in few months... I like the look of newer style ones, some places mentions use of spacers to fit on to earlier cars like mine (1992). I need to do some more research.

I might want to change the chunky steering wheel with JDM NSX type R (old one) style ones, so looking in Yahoo auctions (Japan) for them now. I don't like airbags... I've heard that they don't work for small people, so it might not be useful to me. Also, just lost a bid to Spoon manifold, I want to do the exhaust system up first, starting with replacing the iron manifold with some performance ones, then the system + de-cat.

Tomorrow, I hope to do a longer trip, joy!

Asuka

Last edited:
Welcome to the club CRX, from an ex-pat Brit!
I am confident you will enjoy your NSX immensely, as well as the cameraderie you will experience here on 'Prime.

wrysmiley.gif

Very cool, enjoy the car! It sounds like the NSX is extremely rare in the UK, so represent us well! ;)

Thanx, second day today, great drive in the country side... well mostly on the motorway.

Now I could hear the VTEC in evey gear : )
This NA engine is amazing !

The car is very stable at high speed, I am still not confident enough to drive fast around the corners, scared of the power I think, and the mid engine lay out. Although I have owned 2 mid engine rear drive cars. (Honda Beat and a Smart car... )

Had a little play with a Lotus Esprit and Lambo (the newish one, don't know what its called...it was yellow). Saw lots of Ferraris, but only one NSX parked...

Oh the day started with lovely sunny morning, and this Range Rover idiot next to me squarted his windscreen washer and wiper so that all that went into my opened window. All he did was laugh! I wasn't impressed. Well, I came to this country thinking this is a gentleman's country, but I guess you get some idiots anywhere.

Asuka

CRX B16B VTEC said:
I don't like airbags... I've heard that they don't work for small people, so it might not be useful to me.

Not true. Almost all of the cases in which airbags did not help were people who were not using their seatbelts. You will be far, far better off with a seat belt and air bag than neither, and you will be slightly better off with a seat belt and air bag than a seat belt only - even if you are small.

nsxtasy, is there anything you DONT know??? ;)

Seriously, not trying to be funny but you've been around for a long time. Werent you a member of Honda/Acura or Honda/Tech.com at some point also? Like 5 years ago maybe?

Anyway, Just wondering...when I get my NSX, if I drive down to Chi-town, will you meet up with me and as an NSX pro and let me know what I might need for my car (not upgrades but just normal things)?

Teej said:
nsxtasy, is there anything you DONT know??? ;)

Sure. I don't know whether or not there will be a next-gen NSX, and if so, anything about the car.

(My guess - and it's only a guess - is that the development has been proceeding but that a final go/no-go decision has not yet been made.)

Teej said:
Seriously, not trying to be funny but you've been around for a long time. Werent you a member of Honda/Acura or Honda/Tech.com at some point also? Like 5 years ago maybe?

I have been a member of honda-tech.com for 1191 days. I was a member of its predecessor and a bunch of other forums. I joined the NSX e-mail lists in 1995. I bought my NSX in 1990 and have been taking it to the track ever since.

Teej said:
when I get my NSX, if I drive down to Chi-town, will you meet up with me and as an NSX pro and let me know what I might need for my car (not upgrades but just normal things)?

Sure! Just join the NSX Club and come to one of our monthly Sunday brunch meetings and I'll be happy to help you out. Or I can even do so via e-mail if you like. :D

Or, closer to (your) home, sign up for the BMW CCA drivers school at Grattan Raceway in September. Heck, you might even get stuck with me as your instructor. :eek:

BTW I've met Bill Taylor, the NSX Tech at Go Acura, and he seemed to be very knowledgeable about the car.

Back