Pick three gauges.

I'm planning on changing my gauges both for aesthetics and function.

Currently, I'm running 3 gauges; a/f, boost and fuel pressure. Primarily, I'll be putting in an AEM serial gauge to replace the a/f. I plan to set this to display my wide band readings with warnings set for other sensors.

The other two gauges I'm planning on changing purely for aesthetics as I want to use black-faced gauges. I'll definitely be running a boost gauge, but I'm stuck on the third. Currently a fuel pressure gauge, is there something more crucial than the fuel pressure that I should be monitoring "at a glance"?

I have always used the following in F/I cars:
-A/F wideband
-Boost Guage
-Intake Temperature

It is nice to have a 'real' temperature guage in F/I applications, I would say this is more important than a fuel pressure guage (as the wideband would let you know if you're not being fueled correctly), but there are a dozen or so guages that would 'be nice' to have, so when you reduce yourself to 3 you are going to have to make a compromise.

Since you are running the AEM add a fuel pressure sender and wire to a free input on the AEM then the serial gauge can display a low or high pressure condition. You can do the same with an oil temp sensor as well. If you have a drill press you can drill and tap the oil drain plug for the sensor and wire to AEM for yet another warning on the serial gauge.

I would run 2 AEM serial gauges and the boost gauge.

Dave

I've had my serial gauge for about two months now and I find its most useful feature is the recording of the high and low readings. I've got the CTSC hi-boost set-up and I can check what kind of maximum boost I'm getting. I most often monitor the Intake air temps...especially since I've added a water methanol injector. I've found that the serial gauge jumps all over the place for temp readings in particular...making it hard to get a good solid reading. I've checked with AEM to see if the reading delay can be changed to slow the gauge down, but the answer I was given is that it cannot. Nice product though.

Back