Pic: Thinking of buying a REBUILT NSX JH4NA21623T000018

I'm in the market for an NSX and came across this 2003.

39k miles
vin: JH4NA21623T000018

They're asking 39k. The damage has been repaired.

"This Nsx is from southern California and will come with a rebuilt/restored title. It sustained minor damage in the rear, which had a new trunk lid back bumper and quarter panels were replaced. It has been repaired 100%. This car looks and drives perfect with no indication that there has been prior damage. The repair has been done extremely well there is no frame damage and no motor damage.. superficial cosmetic body damage only"

I understand a bumper being replaced but replacing a rear quarter panel? Isn't that the whole side? What do you guys think of the damage from these photos? Too bad there's no photo of the belly. Thanks!

w1sq4h.jpg

9bkwld.jpg

2jedxyt.jpg

Its always scary buying a car with a rebuilt title. Sometimes you get lucky and the car works perfectly fine. Also, sometimes its a nightmare. Its kind of like gambling in my eyes. Then of course the resale value will always be horrible. So if your looking to keep the car till the wheels fall off and you like to gamble go for it. If your looking to keep it till you die just get a good PPI. It seems like a pretty fair price for a rebuilt title. Of course I wish you luck on this gamble.

Last edited:
Well I was gonna buy that one to fix up but changed my mind found a better one. but I know one frame rail ( driver side ) was bent for sure.

alum is not forgiving so they def cut a new frame rail and had it welded on.

look at my " new 2002 NSX build and tear down " thread similar damage so you get an Idea of what a bent rail looks like. i think page 2-3

anyway there is no reason to pass on the car because of this damage.

look under the car and see where they welded the new rail if you cant tell it was cut and welded then they repaired it well.

I'm in the market for an NSX and came across this 2003.

39k miles
vin: JH4NA21623T000018

They're asking 39k. The damage has been repaired.

Left rear side member, inner quarter and rear body panel had to have sustained damage, structural damage in the loss depicted in the before photos. While there is technically no frame damage because there is no traditional frame on this car, the advertisement still does not seem to be truthful. This was not minor damage. It was not totaled because the damage was "minor". Why buy a car from someone who may not be giving you a truthful depiction of the car's condition before their "repair"

It is possible that the car in it's present state may only be of marginally greater value then the salvage price they paid.

In my opinion you have the odds against you with this car not being able to verify it's state of repair.

pbassjo is the resident genious when it comes to NSX paint/body work. I'd listen to wht he has to say. Maybe fly him out to look at the car himself??? Might be the best money spent!

Left rear side member, inner quarter and rear body panel had to have sustained damage, structural damage in the loss depicted in the before photos. While there is technically no frame damage because there is no traditional frame on this car, the advertisement still does not seem to be truthful. This was not minor damage. It was not totaled because the damage was "minor". Why buy a car from someone who may not be giving you a truthful depiction of the car's condition before their "repair"

It is possible that the car in it's present state may only be of marginally greater value then the salvage price they paid.

In my opinion you have the odds against you with this car not being able to verify it's state of repair.

if you look at my 2002 build I took pics of when Supersonic crashed it.
the tips of the frail rails were bent up. then look at my 2003 where the rails are mint. you can see where Honda designed it to bend on impact sorta like a crumple zone,now they could have used a frame puller to get that side bent back out but Alum in not forgiving, you bent it and try and bend it back it will snap. it was def was worth fixing. not an easy job and do think they did a great job putting it back together. go see the car knowing what you have learned from everyone here. and ask about the damage, if the guy tells you anything different walk away.

also: they may have just cut another NSX right down the middle and weld a full rear onto this car.
check underneath to see any weld lines.

Last edited:
Anyone who would call that "minor damage" is just a liar and for me would call into question anything that came out of their mouth.

If I'm not wrong this was the one owned by Honda of north America. It was the tour car for the Los angles, New york and Detroit auto show back in 2010 this car offer for sale in Southern california and Arlington Texas.:confused::confused:

I wouldn't buy it just because of the wheel choice alone.

Back