Photos from '08 Mid Ohio ALMS NSX Corral

Here are a few of my photos from the NSX Car Corral for the ALMS race at Mid Ohio last weekend.

IMG_3860.jpg

IMG_3864.jpg

IMG_3874.jpg

IMG_3863.jpg

IMG_3877.jpg

IMG_3808.jpg

IMG_3815.jpg

IMG_3816.jpg

IMG_3889.jpg

IMG_6335.jpg

IMG_6345.jpg

IMG_6404.jpg

IMG_5970.jpg

IMG_3744.jpg

IMG_6614.jpg

IMG_6745.jpg

IMG_3818.jpg

IMG_6531.jpg

IMG_6472.jpg

IMG_3749.jpg

IMG_6369.jpg

IMG_6321.jpg

IMG_6415.jpg

IMG_6451.jpg

IMG_6300.jpg

IMG_3822.jpg

IMG_5653.jpg

IMG_5662.jpg

IMG_5689.jpg

IMG_5709.jpg

IMG_5727.jpg

IMG_5929.jpg

IMG_5753.jpg

IMG_5897.jpg

IMG_5787.jpg

IMG_5803.jpg

IMG_5847.jpg

IMG_5911.jpg

IMG_6566.jpg

IMG_6569.jpg

You, Sir, are amazing! Now I know where you were, at Mid Ohio this past Saturday. Every photo appreciated.
:biggrin:

the race was a great one.

it's too bad the panasonic acura car had the stuck fuel nozzle in the pits. definitely a scary moment, but last i heard, the crew member that got burned was alright. hope this report is accurate.

the end of the race between the penske porsches and the highcroft/patron and the lowes acuras was great...down to the very last lap. what a great end of the race.

congrats to highcroft/patron and lowes acura for places 2nd and 3rd in class!

great pictures from the day. i need to make it out to one of these ALMS races.

Nice photos. Thank you for sharing.

the race was a great one.

it's too bad the panasonic acura car had the stuck fuel nozzle in the pits. definitely a scary moment, but last i heard, the crew member that got burned was alright. hope this report is accurate.

the end of the race between the penske porsches and the highcroft/patron and the lowes acuras was great...down to the very last lap. what a great end of the race.

congrats to highcroft/patron and lowes acura for places 2nd and 3rd in class!

great pictures from the day. i need to make it out to one of these ALMS races.

I was standing on the hill right above the entry into pit lane when the Panasonic team had their fire. There was a enormous fireball and black smoke but the safety response crew was able to get it controlled almost immediately. I really couldn't tell what had caused the fire until I watched the replay on the NBC telecast the following day.

The race was definitely a nail biter to the end and even though the Acura teams didn't pull off the win they did very well in their class.

Now I'm just counting down the days until the Detroit Belle Isle race...

Those are some really great shots!!

Great Coverage looks like you had a blast. There was a bunch of pretty stunning pictures in the set. And thats coming from a fellow photographer :] What kind of camera/lens were you using for the fast motion shots? And that #62 Ferarri looks awfully familiar... I shot it a while back last year and it looks so much better while its in motion. It must have sounded equally amazing.

A couple people requested a larger version of my avatar so here it is:
wallpaper-1.jpg

Last edited:
It's nice that you can park your cars on the grass. Our paddock at Laguna Seca is a dirt lot.:redface:

Great shots.....Look pro :cool:

There was one injury in the fire. The teams fueler was burned. He was airlifted to OSU hospital in Columbus. As of yesterday he was still in ICU. The IMSA website has an address to send cards and letters to. click here for the info http://www.imsaracing.net/2008/news/alms/keithjones.html
I don't know if I will know any more from now. A friend of mine was in a motorcycle accident and was in the bed next to him. My friend is out of ICU now. I will try to see if there is any info that they can give out the next time I visit.

Those are some great photos. I had a blast all weekend.

Back