Phoenix - NEW WEB BROWSER

PHOEN$X said:
LOL, thanks Neo. too bad they are going to rename it though. :(

Hope you got your PC up and running!

nah... pc still very much dead. I'm running a cel.333 w/ Win98 (so glad now i didn't sell my win98 cd!)

It means i wont be doing any funny photoshop stuff till i get this fixed. :( (but FuryNSX cheers in excitement at this news)

but forced into win98 means i'm using phoen$x...err...i mean the "phoenix" web browser. :D (it's really mozilla with a L337er name and a kooler logo. ;) ) i should d/load the source code, and customize it so it's a 'PHOEN$X bR0w53R'. hahaha... complete w/ your photo as the logo and nsxprime as the 'home' site. lol

POWERED by HONDA said:
Phoenix is my secondary browser. Mozilla is still my #1. They are going to rename Phoenix to something else...

stupid question (coz i'm too lazy to search for it online) ... what's the major differences between mozilla & phoenix? I hear so much positive feedback of Mozilla.

Phoenix seems to be very minimalistic; and some of it is a mix of Opera & Netscape 6.

if they change Phoenix's name, i wont use it... the name is everything for me. :D

any demos available ? resources ?

NeoNSX said:
stupid question (coz i'm too lazy to search for it online) ... what's the major differences between mozilla & phoenix? I hear so much positive feedback of Mozilla.

Phoenix seems to be very minimalistic; and some of it is a mix of Opera & Netscape 6.
Am looking for a basic, lightweight (less resource-intensive) browser for a spare (older, slow/memory-challenged) machine. Am currently on IE6. Is Phoenix a possibility ?

Also, are there any "demo" sites that show basic capability, features, UI, etc ??

Thanks

<B>PoweredByHonda</B>: thanx for links...

<B>cojones</B>: first, you should also consider the web browser<A HREF="http://www.opera.com">Opera</A> which claims to be the fastest (i tend to agree) and is extremely memory efficient... get version 6.x because v7.x uses a lot more memory and is repeatedly recieving security updates. :(

Without Java, Opera 6 is about 2MB to download... no bad, eh?

BTW, i love your avatar... let me wish; it's the nsx2 rite? :D

thanks for the info...

BTW, i love your avatar... let me wish; it's the nsx2 rite? :D
Thanks -- I'll check out the suggestions. Mozilla seems to be getting decent reviews from friends.

Avatar is the new Zonda Roadster from Pagani. Open-top version of the Zonda C12S, updated with 19" wheels and a removable CF panel top.