Phoenix Craigslist 91 $13k

its worth it in parts alone, if its been wrecked or not, Id buy, but it might be a scam

I PM'd Cody.

from the last i recall on this car, it needs alot of attention. it might be worth it to someone who has the time and value to put her through rehab.

I PM'd Cody.

Hello ALL! I'm a new guy, not an NSX owner yet, but hopefully I can work something out with the owner of this NSX in Phoenix. I've been an NSX fanboy for a while and I've been lookiing for a high mileage one for sometime now. I know its been done over and over before, but I'd like to convert it to an NSX-R with my own touches to it. If anyone has anymore info on this NSX PLEASE let me know!

Hello ALL! I'm a new guy, not an NSX owner yet, but hopefully I can work something out with the owner of this NSX in Phoenix. I've been an NSX fanboy for a while and I've been lookiing for a high mileage one for sometime now. I know its been done over and over before, but I'd like to convert it to an NSX-R with my own touches to it. If anyone has anymore info on this NSX PLEASE let me know!

You should click on the link above before you consider buying this car. From that thread, there are a host of serious problems (blown head gasket, trans leaks, etc) that will need to be addressed. That car basically needs a complete top-to-bottom rebuild. If an Acura mechanic is telling you he wouldn't even pay $6K for the car and handing you a $25K list of parts, beware! If you want to go for it and turn this car into a NSX-R, you'd better have about $50K cash in the bank to make it happen. If you don't, you will have a never-ending list of problems.

If you are looking for a high-mile car in need of just some freshening, I would recommend that you check the Prime marketplace. There are some nice cars there for $25K-$30K that will treat you a lot better than this one.

You should click on the link above before you consider buying this car. From that thread, there are a host of serious problems (blown head gasket, trans leaks, etc) that will need to be addressed. That car basically needs a complete top-to-bottom rebuild. If an Acura mechanic is telling you he wouldn't even pay $6K for the car and handing you a $25K list of parts, beware! If you want to go for it and turn this car into a NSX-R, you'd better have about $50K cash in the bank to make it happen. If you don't, you will have a never-ending list of problems.

If you are looking for a high-mile car in need of just some freshening, I would recommend that you check the Prime marketplace. There are some nice cars there for $25K-$30K that will treat you a lot better than this one.

Understable, I plan on doing a full engine rebuild/or 3.2 change in addition to a swap to the 6-speed transmission so those problems are anticipated. I see youre in NYC? I'd def like to invite you over to check it out if the deal goes though. My concern are the conditions of the wiring harnesses, steering and braking components outside rotors/calipers... Other than that I pretty much know what I'm getting myself into and have a 2-3yr plan. I'm just having trouble finding what I'm lookiing for. Pricewise, after hearing about the problems $6K sounds about right for this, I just want to get in touch with someone in the area to make sure it's legit before I fly out there to pick it up, set-up freight etc...

I can assure everyone that this is a legit car and not a scam. The owner of the car is a very nice gentleman who's just trying to get some money for something a little bit more room (why wont he just trade it in at a no name dealership who doesn't know anything about the car? I dont know). I would scan the original paper work, but I left that paper with the owner considering I wasn't taking the car home or anything. Like I said in the original post. If you need more detail information on the vehicle's problems; please call the acura dealership in peoria and just ask them about a ppi that was done a couple of month ago on a black 91 acura (I pretty sure they haven't forgotten about this car). I told the owner to put the car back on craigslist for 15k as I was sure that someone would buy it, but no one did (maybe some other people looked at it too?). So now its up for 13k. I'm working on buying a lamborghini right now, but I still have interest in a nsx so I lurk this forum on a regular. So don't hesitate to ask any more questions.:smile:

I just called Acura of Peoria and asked them if they remembered the car and if they still had the paper work................they laughed. They said they'll find the file and give me a call back. When I have another copy of the paperwork I will scan and upload it.

Last edited:
I can assure everyone that this is a legit car and not a scam. The owner of the car is a very nice gentleman who's just trying to get some money for something a little bit more room (why wont he just trade it in at a no name dealership who doesn't know anything about the car? I dont know). I would scan the original paper work, but I left that paper with the owner considering I wasn't taking the car home or anything. Like I said in the original post. If you need more detail information on the vehicle's problems; please call the acura dealership in peoria and just ask them about a ppi that was done a couple of month ago on a black 91 acura (I pretty sure they haven't forgotten about this car). I told the owner to put the car back on craigslist for 15k as I was sure that someone would buy it, but no one did (maybe some other people looked at it too?). So now its up for 13k. I'm working on buying a lamborghini right now, but I still have interest in a nsx so I lurk this forum on a regular. So don't hesitate to ask any more questions.:smile:

I just called Acura of Peoria and asked them if they remembered the car and if they still had the paper work................they laughed. They said they'll find the file and give me a call back. When I have another copy of the paperwork I will scan and upload it.

+1 Thanks a lot! BTW, I PM'd you...

Last edited:
Understable, I plan on doing a full engine rebuild/or 3.2 change in addition to a swap to the 6-speed transmission so those problems are anticipated. I see youre in NYC? I'd def like to invite you over to check it out if the deal goes though. My concern are the conditions of the wiring harnesses, steering and braking components outside rotors/calipers... Other than that I pretty much know what I'm getting myself into and have a 2-3yr plan. I'm just having trouble finding what I'm lookiing for. Pricewise, after hearing about the problems $6K sounds about right for this, I just want to get in touch with someone in the area to make sure it's legit before I fly out there to pick it up, set-up freight etc...

Ok cool. Just as long as you know what you're getting into. :) A 3.2L / 6sp swap will cost you about $10,000 plus labor. Besides the engine and transmission, you will need a NA2 ECU and OBD2 (4 sensor) exhaust system. Given the cost differential, if I were you I would rebuild your 3.0 to as-new spec and do a NA1 NSX-R transmission rebuild (short gears + 4.235). For roughly the same money, you will have a brand new powertrain.

Ok cool. Just as long as you know what you're getting into. :) A 3.2L / 6sp swap will cost you about $10,000 plus labor. Besides the engine and transmission, you will need a NA2 ECU and OBD2 (4 sensor) exhaust system. Given the cost differential, if I were you I would rebuild your 3.0 to as-new spec and do a NA1 NSX-R transmission rebuild (short gears + 4.235). For roughly the same money, you will have a brand new powertrain.

Yea, Sounds good... bad news though... He sold it already :'(

wow. that was fast. does anyone know who bought it? i'd like to see the build.

Yea, I was looking forward to that, especially since my bank won't give me a loan to buy a vehicle from a private party... This may have to be a cash deal on my part...

Sounds like you need a new bank.. wtf?

Back