Performance upgrade shop or installer in DFW area?

I just bought my first NSX yesterday (91 berlina/ivory w/ 7sk on it). I'll be wanting to upgrade headers, exhaust, etc before too long. Any recommendations on shops that are well familiarized with our cars?

Congratulations on the new car!

Here are my recommendations, based on my lurking on this forum and personal experience...

Dealer - Goodson Acura in Irving (great work, but expensive)
Local shop - James @ Accurate Car Care (817-640-4306), he owns an NSX and comes highly recommended for all maintenance, header installs, general issues, etc.
Performance shop - Jotech is the only tuning shop in town I would feel comfortable recommending. Kenny Tran knows what he is doing and runs a top notch shop! If you go there tell him Jason in the black NSX sent you :smile:
Alignment - Autoscope, these guys are mainly a Euro shop but they have a very good alignment rack and charge a very fair price for the service. Their facility in the park cities has a drive up hunter rack that is built into the ground for us low cars :cool: They spent 3hrs tweaking my alignment until it was perfect to their standards, I was very impressed.

Last edited:
Congratulations on the new car!

Here are my recommendations, based on my lurking on this forum and personal experience...

Dealer - Goodson Acura in Irving (great work, but expensive)
Local shop - James @ Accurate Car Care (817-640-4306), he owns an NSX and comes highly recommended for all maintenance, header installs, general issues, etc.
Performance shop - Jotech is the only tuning shop in town I would feel comfortable recommending. Kenny Tran knows what he is doing and runs a top notch shop! If you go there tell him Jason in the black NSX sent you :smile:
Alignment - Autoscope, these guys are mainly a Euro shop but they have a very good alignment rack and charge a very fair price for the service. Their facility in the park cities has a drive up hunter rack that is built into the ground for us low cars :cool: They spent 3hrs tweaking my alignment until it was perfect to their standards, I was very impressed.

thanks again for the help!

If you are close to Fort Worth , Steve Metcalf (owner) at Dealer-Alternative can do anything you need. They are Honda exclusive and Steve is a wealth of knowledge and actually loves working on Hondas. They have always worked on my NSX's . They installed my supercharger about two years ago and there has never been as little as a hickup from my car. They also installed my headers , shocks , exhaust, and perform all my regular maintenance. Everyone there is super friendly. Dealer-Alternative 817 870-5096 .

Last edited:
If you are close to Fort Worth , Steve Metcalf (owner) at Dealer-Alternative can do anything you need. They are Honda exclusive and Steve is a wealth of knowledge and actually loves working on Hondas. They have always worked on my NSX's . They installed my supercharger about two years ago and there has never been as little as a hickup from my car. They also installed my headers , shocks , exhaust, and perform all my regular maintenance. Everyone there is super friendly. Dealer-Alternative 817 870-5096 .

Thanks! Ft. Worth is just about an hour away. I don't mind making the drive to get something done right. Any performance parts laying around that you need to get rid of, lol?

Any of you guys going to NSXcraze?

Back