Performance Outfitters in Stamford, CT

www.performanceoutfitters.com

Anyone have experience with this shop? Do they have a reputation? I'm thinking of buying a Ferrari (sorry, going to the dark side) from these guys and I want to make sure they aren't a shady bunch. They supposedly restore and maintain high end cars. Any info would be appreciated.

I would think a search or post on ferrari chat may yield more results. Also I would call millier motor cars in greewich ct to see if they heard of them.

Acura NsX Pilot said:
I would think a search or post on ferrari chat may yield more results. Also I would call millier motor cars in greewich ct to see if they heard of them.

The lead came from a ferrarichat member. I did a search for "Performanace Outfitters" and it came back empty. Besides, I value the the opinions of members on Prime much more than those of FC's.

No matter where you buy a Ferrari, be damn sure that you get a thorough prepurchase inspection by a qualified Ferrari mechanic. Buying a Ferrari is a completely different ballgame than buying an NSX and with dire consequences if you get a bad one or one which hasn't been serviced properly. The best independent Ferrari mechanic I know is Bill Pollard of Sport Auto in Gaylordsville, Ct. He does a very thorough inspection and will travel for the customer. By the way, what model Ferrari are considering?

Best of luck!

Doc308 said:
No matter where you buy a Ferrari, be damn sure that you get a thorough prepurchase inspection by a qualified Ferrari mechanic. Buying a Ferrari is a completely different ballgame than buying an NSX and with dire consequences if you get a bad one or one which hasn't been serviced properly. The best independent Ferrari mechanic I know is Bill Pollard of Sport Auto in Gaylordsville, Ct. He does a very thorough inspection and will travel for the customer. By the way, what model Ferrari are considering?

Best of luck!

It was a 95 355 spider (black/tan). I spoke with the shop 1 time. After that I couldn't get a hold of them again. I left 4 messages over a week with no response. When I finally did get a hold of them they told me it was sold. They're mechanics may be top notch but their customer service sure is crap.

nicholas421 said:
It was a 95 355 spider (black/tan). I spoke with the shop 1 time. After that I couldn't get a hold of them again. I left 4 messages over a week with no response. When I finally did get a hold of them they told me it was sold. They're mechanics may be top notch but their customer service sure is crap.

From what I understand about the Ferrari buying game you have to be in it to win it. Sounds like someone who has a relationship with the dealer or a hook up beat you to it.

Back