perf chip advice

found performance chips for my new volvo s60 t5--they take hp from 247 to 300 with 20-30% torque increase, (allegedly).

this is my daily driver which id like to get 150k miles out of. will this perf upgrade deteriate my reliability? longevity?

whaddayaguys think?

Why not trade your car in for S60R? You spend several grand more but for factory 300hp, and quite complicated suspension from what I read. This way, you won't voild your warranty and won't have to worry about reliability or longitivity.

The chip will increase your boost and fuel/timing to match it to achieve higher hp, but it'll put more stress on the engine. Whether the engine can handle the increased load or not, you'll find out later. Usually turbo engines are overbuilt out of the factory but for such expensive car, i'm not sure if it's worth it when you consider the possibility of voiding warranty.

i believe s60r is using the same engine? (5cyl high boost turbo)

the t5 already has sport suspension---probably not as good as r. I'm planning on keeping this for the long haul irregardless.

so you think im sacrificing engine life if I do this???

You should go to http://www.brickboard.com/ and pose this question on them who've got more experience with Volvo engines and tuners. I'm sure they can give you more comprehensive and complete answer.

BTW, I still think you should get the S60R! It comes with Brembos!
biggrin.gif

Back