people who complain about the ASCC's front engine laylout

would you guys still complain about the ASCC's front engine layout even if it had a serious performance with exotic looks?

like these cars?

Lister Storm
http://www.motorimania.net/manifestazioni/supercar/images/Lister.Storm.1.jpg[\img]

TVR Speed 12
[img]http://andi808.wordpress.com/files/2006/07/tvr_back_home_2006_4_b1.jpg

Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren
http://www.pkw.tv/content/bildergalerie/mercedes/slr-mclaren/slr-mclaren-1.jpg[\img]

Dodge Viper GTS-R
[img]http://skytechforce.turboblog.fr/le_weblog_de_sky/images/dodge_viper_gtsr_concept_03_1024x7681_1.jpg

Aston Martin Vanquish S
Vanquish%20S%20(1).jpg

Chevrolet Corvette Z06
http://images.businessweek.com/ss/06/01/vintage_cars/image/corvette_2006.jpg[\img]

TVR Sagaris
[img]http://catalogue.carview.co.jp/Merismus/Gallery/c23191a.jpg

Ferrari 612 Scaglietti
ferrari-612-scaglietti-mountainroad.jpg

Last edited:
Yep, I'll keep whinning.. I don't want no stinking FR car. :p

Take any of those cars and put them side by side with a "true exotic", and see how they stack up in regards to looks. ;)

I would personally take a F430 over a F612 anyday as well :D

BTW: The MB/McLaren SLR looks like a joke when seen side by side with a McLaren F1 LM/GTR

FYI: The Viper GTS-R was a "showcar" and not a real production Viper, the closest thing to the GTS-R is a Viper Comp Coupe.

i think someone said this on here once: real sports cars have rear engines

btw timpo, u forgot the 599 which will eat all those other cars u listed :)

btw timpo, u forgot the 599 which will eat all those other cars u listed :)

The 599 is Ferrari's way to cash-in on the value of pre-1970's Ferrari's with all the older car collectors.

GTO's go for $8 million? (guess) Old guys like my dad keep talking about Daytona and 365's

There is a huge demand for Ferrari to do a retro car... and that is all the 599 is.

I don't hear many people under the age of 60 talking-up a buzz about the 599 or 612.

Everyday....we get fewer and fewer exotics to choose from. Sad that Honda likes to jump on the trend (chase Ferrari) instead of fill a much needed position as the best reasonable priced mid-engine

Last edited:
would you guys still complain about the ASCC's front engine layout even if it had a serious performance with exotic looks?

For me, I prefer the looks of a mid-engine design - short nose, long tail, cab-forward. The ASCC might end up being a strong performer but it won't have the proportions that look best to me. Also, the driving experience won't be the same - there is no substitute to sitting so close to the front of the car with an engine 4" from your ears.

When Formula One starts putting engines in the front I'll pay attention. :rolleyes:

And yes, if the ASCC had performance and looks I'd be interested...:confused: It doesn't have the looks IMO and I suspect performance will be less than promised...either that or the price will be near $100K.

Not that I would blow a hundred grand on a front engine coupe. If I would, the M6, CL, Vantage, and SL55 come to my mind first. The ASCC is simply a BUTT ugly piece of turd. So if it goes 0-60 in 4s, it will be the fastest piece of turd.
I am now saving up for a used Ford GT in 5 years.
Steve

I am now saving up for a used Ford GT in 5 years.
Steve

Lambo Gallardo here...unless I decide to buy rental property first. But DEFENITELY no ASC or ASC variant in my future. :biggrin:

Anything can be fast, but true exotics imo have the (more modern) formula 1 racing heritage inbred and the great rear-engine design. I feel that Honda really screwed up by this latest development . These cars will appeal to a whole different audience imo and I'll never buy one. When the time comes to upgrade, I'll be looking for a later model NSX or a Ferrari (mid-engined, of course).

Bleh. Even if it performed well and had an exotic appearance, I still can't get over the seating position or having to look over that vast expanse of hood. The view out the front of an NSX is incomparable.

Plus most of those cars look like clown shoes... especially the viper.
CLOWN SHOE!
clownshoe3.jpg

dodge_viper_gtsr_concept_03_1024x7681_1.jpg

-- Joe

I don't hear many people under the age of 60 talking-up a buzz about the 599 or 612.

Well, here's one. My father (who is 61 btw) had a 575M (with the Fiorano package) and it took my breath away to drive that car. I was amazed that a 4000lb. car could feel so nimble. It honestly felt closer to a 911 than a Vette. It felt nothing like the 360 or my NSX. The grunt was pretty amazing as well. I'd love to drive the 599 sometime. It's got less weight and more power than the 575M and laps as quickly as an F40. (Just avoid the paddle shifters!)

'nuff said.

Trust me, there are mid engine cars that suck balls as well. Take, if you will, the Ford GT. My father (enough with the father already) had a Ford GT (Navy Blue, white stripes, nice looking car) It's an okay car to visit, but I wouldn't want to stay there. It doesn't handle as well as an '03 Corvette Z06.

Bleh. Even if it performed well and had an exotic appearance, I still can't get over the seating position or having to look over that vast expanse of hood.

You poor uninformed soul. Sitting so deep inside the cockpit, you can barely see the hood of a Viper. Whatever you do, leave about 3 feet of space between your nose and whatever hard thing your parking near. When you get out of the car, you'll notice that you're only about 4 inches away.

My 2bits:
Car & Driver + Road & Track latest mags have articles about this topic. Both mags have nice things to write about it, but also notes that this is a departure or about face; a blow to the solar plexus for the nsx and the fans.

Comparisons to Aston Martins and Jags vs. rear / midengined porches and ferraris. It notes that the nsx is the reason why porche and ferrari reinvented or reevaluated their 911s and 340? The nsx is the reason why these companies are now doing so well.

I had the impression of two types of sportscars, the front-engined muscle car and the rear/ mid engined traditional sports car. Specaul mention of the nsx for a aluminum-light weight, innovative design and thechologically advanced. The only technology the new design could boast of is AWD.

So my question is - does this make my car more valuable for being the best of the 90s or does it say you were a mistake so we are coming out with the AASCC.

Thanks guys
Frank

Yes. the successor to the NSX should remain a successor KEEP THE MR LAYOUT we already got the S2000 why not make a S2000R for those FR fans but keep there top sports car a MR!

Bleh. Even if it performed well and had an exotic appearance, I still can't get over the seating position or having to look over that vast expanse of hood. The view out the front of an NSX is incomparable.

Plus most of those cars look like clown shoes... especially the viper.
CLOWN SHOE!
clownshoe3.jpg

dodge_viper_gtsr_concept_03_1024x7681_1.jpg

-- Joe

Hilarious

New Nissan GT-R is just around the corner also. Looks pretty darn good considering the prototypes were kind of iffy...

Recent spy pic in New Mexico.

DSCF0405.jpg

Yep, I'll keep whinning.. I don't want no stinking FR car. :p

Take any of those cars and put them side by side with a "true exotic", and see how they stack up in regards to looks. ;)

I would personally take a F430 over a F612 anyday as well :D

BTW: The MB/McLaren SLR looks like a joke when seen side by side with a McLaren F1 LM/GTR

FYI: The Viper GTS-R was a "showcar" and not a real production Viper, the closest thing to the GTS-R is a Viper Comp Coupe.
Amen brother!!! I couldnt have said it better myself!!!:smile:

If its not MR Doesn't seem like it will be good enough(to me) to be the NSX Successor.

Back