People getting loans with Penfed

How easy was it? Do they use nada on the nsx value?
I was gonna go through my credit union again but they want me to appraise it which is another $200 and so on so forth. They honestly were questioning on how "dumb" i was because there was no NSX in their Nada book. Never done a loan through online.

thanks
dan

i told them that... they still didn't understand. Even the VIN # i gave them didn't come up in both credit union database... i already pulled a carfax on it too

guess i'll call them again and see.

My loan was through Industrial Credit Union. They couldnt find it either until they looked under classic cars and found it. I didnt have to get it appraised however.

There system loans just a set amount per every year of the vehicle. For example mine is a 91, which according to their system loans up to 22,500 for any 91.

If the car was more than that you would just need to pay extra out of pocket. I was able to get 5.1% interest although based on the year only able to get a 3 year loan. With the money I had down my car payment isnt bad at all.

My loan officer my family deals with googled an Acura NSX and she just laughed when I came in because of course all the race built NSX came up and thought thats what I was buying for a daily driver lol.

just got off the phone. Same lady... told her to look under the class section... DING! there was the nsx. :) thanks fellas.

this information should be a wiki or sticky somewhere about financing the nsx. this is a very common question for financing and registering. even the vin wont bring up that its an nsx, only that it is an acura. i talked to 3 banks, 2 used the nada value and said 27k, one bank used something else and they valued a 1992 nsx at 14k dollars, not sure what service they use but it was completely inaccurate.

this information should be a wiki or sticky somewhere about financing the nsx. this is a very common question for financing and registering. even the vin wont bring up that its an nsx, only that it is an acura. i talked to 3 banks, 2 used the nada value and said 27k, one bank used something else and they valued a 1992 nsx at 14k dollars, not sure what service they use but it was completely inaccurate.

if i knew the NADA classic car trick i wouldn't have paid 200$ for a certified appraisal but then again the appraiser did give me more then it was worth on NADA. This time around i don't want to waste my time because seems as if the NADA guide is pretty accurate with the pricing of the nsx.

Last edited:
There system loans just a set amount per every year of the vehicle. For example mine is a 91, which according to their system loans up to 22,500 for any 91....

My loan officer my family deals with googled an Acura NSX and she just laughed when I came in because of course all the race built NSX came up and thought thats what I was buying for a daily driver lol.

In Touch Credit Union (formerly EDS CU) has the exact same lending amounts for a '91 NSX...BUT, it has to have less than 80K miles.

Too funny! It's obvious that CU staff are not "car people". They just know their Camrys & Accords...

You should have told her, "Yes, that's right. I need a race car b/c I want to make sure I'm never late for an appointment."

Last edited:
Back