Pentagon fcu has 3.99% on all years of nsx with clean title and less than 100k miles

Pentagon Federal Credit Union is offering 3.99% on all years of NSX’s with less than 100k miles and a clean title.

Here are a few quick tips to get a loan thru PFCU with same day approval

You simply call 800.247.5626 and listen to the prompts, and get a live person on the phone. In order to join you simply donate $20 to the military charity, unless you are in the military this is how you join, then you put $5 in a savings account. You do all of this on the phone with the rep you are speaking to using a credit card of a debit card so have a credit or debit card ready.

Once your are a member, you will have a membership # with a pin so you can then go online once you apply and check the status of your loan. I find that it is best to call every two hours once you have applied, although you can check the status online.

The best way to do the loan is to start early in the morning during the week. PFCU is open from 7 or 8 a.m. EST until around midnight M-F and has great weekend hours too, but, the loan officers go home at 5 or 5:30 M-F so it is best to do the loan during the week between 8a.m. and 5p.m.

Be aware that PFCU uses Equifax credit bureau only so make sure your score on that bureau is high, preferably 700 plus, with at least 3-4 trade lines, and time on bureau to be at least 3-4 years, preferably with some revolving(credit cards) or installment loans that have been paid well.

Go ahead and do the application on the phone with the representative, and, after doing the application, ask the representative for the fax # for the Loan Desk and fax them your last years W2 and last 2 pay stubs as well as a contact in the HR department at your employer. If self employed they are going to want to see your income tax returns from the last 1 or 2 years and are going to use your Adjusted Gross Income after write-offs as your income. I say to fax this stuff in and tell them to be on the lookout for it because invariably they are going to ask for it. Make sure that you call them shortly after faxing it in and confirm that they have received it. THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT! The reason you want to send it in is because they are going to ask for it anyway later so if you give the loan officer all of the information needed up front you can very often get a decision on your loan that same day.

Make sure that you have the VIN # for the car and the exact mileage and the seller’s name, address and phone number. PFCU is not going to loan you money for stuff like superchargers, expensive exhausts, etc in other words add-ons. They will make their decision on how much they will loan on the NSX based on its book value. I believe that they will loan about 100% of retail book on the car, but, I am not certain of this. If your loan approaches or exceeds 100% of book value I would recommend their inexpensive GAP insurance policy of else you might end up in the soup should you wreck it in your first 3.5 years of ownership. If the car does have a bunch of special equipment I would not mention that as you do not want to do anything that would diminish your chance of getting the loan.

I think that is about all you need to know. Any other questions about PFCU can be answered by them. I do not work for them. I simply financed my car thru them and I get PMs all the time about PFCU so I figured I would put out to you guys what I know about them. GOOD LUCK!

If you have problems with your Equifax bureau, Pm me because I might be able to help you get them resolved. Take care.

thanks for the awesome post. I was always curious about this as well.. especially on being a member.. I thought you had to be part of some governmental organization..

Thanks.

The weird thing is when I applied they didnt even know what a nsx is. I tried looking for it on their site to apply for the loan but its not even on there. So I had to call in and explain to them.

Did you say they would finance even a 1991 NSX as long as it is under 100,000 miles??

Thanks

Did you say they would finance even a 1991 NSX as long as it is under 100,000 miles??

Thanks

he posted you at least need around 700 credit score as with 4 tradelines.. I'm sure they just wont approve someone with 580 or something

I just found the disclaimers on their site.

Disclosures
Maximum used car loan advance is NADA "Retail Value" or 80% of the purchase price where NADA "Retail Value" is not available. Amount financed determines loan term. Further restrictions apply on vehicles with 100,000 miles or more. Call 800-247-5626 for details. Up to 100% financing is available to qualified members. Call 800-247-5626 for details.

Rate and term are based upon loan amount and model year and are subject to change. If refinancing a Pentagon Federal Credit Union loan, you must net an additional $5,000. Other conditions apply.

"Smart" Car Collateral Restrictions: Total financing is limited to 100% of value and loan terms cannot exceed 60 months.

Internet Only Sale Rate: The 3.99% rate applies to used vehicles, financed for 12 to 60 months. Rate good only on Internet applications. Rate higher for non-Internet applications.
Loan Example: $10,000 at 3.99% APR; 60 monthly payments of approximately $195 each. Rate current as of May 2009 unless otherwise noted and is subject to change.

So wait, do you have to be a member of the Armed Forces, or can you join without it?

He mentioned in the first post that you can become a member if you donor $20 and put $5 into their savings account. As far as I understand his thread that you do not have to be in the armed forces

I financed my Zanardi from them, good bank.

Back