Paul Allen's Mega yachts

Owned by Microsoft's Paul Allen, he ownes 3 Mega yachts.

There are very few write ups on the octopus... but here is some pics of the other's.

the yacht ports a 60-foot yacht (plus many other watercrafts)

Has a 10 person submarine that runs on full cells and can stay underwater for 2 weeks

Angra-2004-029.jpg

Angra-2004-030.jpg

Angra-2004-034.jpg

Angra-2004-044.jpg

He need two heliports? Now I can truly say I've seen what too much is. ;)

Even if I was a billionaire I wouldn't buy one of those. WOW.

Think of all the starving children in the world. :p

Saw this on a VH1 special unreal...and only 400K to fill her up. :eek:

T Bell said:
I was in Manhatten last week, and I believe that I saw this go northeast up the bay from the statue of liberty on Tues night!!!! I took a pic with my PDA, but it was too dark. You could easily see the chopper!!!! I thought it might have been Trump, but maybe it was Paul.

Trump did own a similar yacht the "Trump Princess" that used to belong to Adnan Kashoggi and appeared in one of the Bond movies but it was sold. I don't think he has anything quite this excessive any longer.

Nerds rule the world. :D

Now how about spending some of that billion dollars Paul Allen to resolve an ANNOYING REOCCURING BLUE SCREEN ON A PC AT WORK!?!?!? :mad: :D lol

NeoNSX said:
Nerds rule the world. :D

Now how about spending some of that billion dollars Paul Allen to resolve an ANNOYING REOCCURING BLUE SCREEN ON A PC AT WORK!?!?!? :mad: :D lol

Here's another place where Allen is spending his money:

00_hands.jpg

Nice..........very nice.

Unlike some, I say if you can afford it.........go for it.

If I was worth 30 billion, I'd have one in red, too.......oh yeah, and 3 helipads :-)

Red isn't a sailing color! :) Blue or white! :D

If I was worth $30 Billion, I would definetly have one of those but I think I would also want the best of the best fishing boats :) Can't really fish off of that...although I'm sure you could fish off of one of the 12 (i think) other boats he has on board.

Brian2by2 said:
Red isn't a sailing color!
If you have 30 billion, any color can be a sailing color. :p

Discovery channel had a program a few years ago on the making of the submarine. Unbelievable.

It's good to be the king.

If I was Paul Allen, I would also have a house with a 200-car garage (maybe he does), and fill it with every exotic car I could think of.

Life must look and feel completely different when your that loaded.

If I had that much $, I would buy every available NSX for sale and every NSX that came up for sale.

Maybe a F50, or a Diablo VTR, definitely a Bentley Arnage, 360 Spyder, Mercielago, a Phantom, a Saleen, Carrera GT and a vintage 1975 AMC Pacer.

Opp’s I guess I got a little carried away.
:D

I don't know. I see something that excessive and I think "That kind of money could help a lot of people." Then I think, "Well, I bet he's employing a bunch of people to maintain and run that thing." Justification issue resolved.;)

Ok, I can justify in my mind someone having something like that if they use and enjoy it on a somewhat regular basis.

What I don't understand is why someone would have three mega yahts? This makes no sense to me as you can only be on one at a time and it doesn't seem like the kind of thing to loan out to a friend. If he does loan it out to his friends I might have to head over to Microsoft and start making friends!

I went to Florida on business a few months ago and some of the guys I was there with decided to head out for the evening. I decided to stay in the Hotel and work. Well it turns out they met a friend of a friend that had a yaht at some peer and were invited on the ship for drinks. Apparantly ther e was a large number of beautiful women all over on the ship and a bunch hanging around just waiting to be invited on. Considering I am happily married it might of been good that I missed this party!

I guess a ship like that would attract a lot of attention anywhere you go, maybe that is the motivation for a lot of people to get one. I wouldn't recognize Paul Allen if he was standing next to me, but if I saw that ship I would know him.

92NSX said:
Wonder if the Sultan of Brunei owns a yacht?:confused:
Id imagine the Sultan ones one of anything you could think of! ;)

I would imagine Paul Allen has 3 yachts because he travels and it isnt possible to have his yacht "overnighted" to where he wants to use it. On a much smaller scale, a close friend of mine has 2 boats (50' Bertram and a 70' Neptunus) and he keeps one in NY and one in FL. Paul has mega bucks so he needs more boats to cover his regions!

92NSX said:
How big is that yacht anyway?

I might be wrong but I thought it was around a 200 footer and about 200 million.

T Bell said:
That thing is big enough to have a trout pond right on the boat! :D

...and to really impress one could use the boat in a lake hand dug just for that purpose. Sure it is a very impressive boat, but is it as impressive as say the pyramids of Egypt? Not in my book. When your name is remembered 5000 years later, that is impressive.

Back