Passenger headlight won't go up consistently

It is probably the relay in the headlight assembly or just the relay contacts that need cleaning. For $15 you can get a new relay at Autozone and replace the existing one. It is a little black box that looks like a 1 inch cube.

It is probably the relay in the headlight assembly or just the relay contacts that need cleaning. For $15 you can get a new relay at Autozone and replace the existing one. It is a little black box that looks like a 1 inch cube.

Are the relays located next to the passenger headlight in the hood right below the main fuse compartment? Thanks.

I also have this problem, except it's with my driver's side headlight. After going for a drive, the driver side light won't go up. After the car has been sitting for a while, both lights go up without issue. There is a slight click (as if a piece of plastic is being touched or brushed aside) on the drivers side as it goes up.

Any idea on what could be the cause? The motors seem fine and no fuses are blown. Actually, I changed out a bunch of fuses because there were a lot that were incorrect (ie. 25A where there should have been 20A). When I searched, I didn't see anyone have an issue with the headlights after driving / heat.

Thanks,
-Brian.

Back