oxygen sensors.

anderson152

Suspended
im very confused!!! my car hesitates badly when i take off!!! i asked a few people about this problem and some said it was the oxygen sensors. i just got the car back from having them changed and the same thing happens. so i said, maybe i have to turn the car off a few times and try it again. same thing happens. now i noticed a few people say it can be my throttle body needs cleaning. can this be the problem?? any suggestions before i take it to the dealer??? i wish Larry B. wasnt so far because i would have let him change my timing belt also. guys i really need your help on this.

I do not have an answer for you - but I did take the liberty of PM'ing Larry direct one time on an issue I had, Larry responded back quickly, effeceintly and effectivly - he answered my question, told me what was wrong and told me what to do..Missed him not being at the event in NH this year..oh well.

Have you recently filled up with gas or put something new on your cars engine - fuel filter - how many miles - Larrys going o want to know specifics ..:biggrin:

I assume you checked the air filter or removed it to test? :smile:

anderson152 said:
im very confused!!! my car hesitates badly when i take off!!! i asked a few people about this problem and some said it was the oxygen sensors. i just got the car back from having them changed and the same thing happens. so i said, maybe i have to turn the car off a few times and try it again. same thing happens. now i noticed a few people say it can be my throttle body needs cleaning. can this be the problem?? any suggestions before i take it to the dealer??? i wish Larry B. wasnt so far because i would have let him change my timing belt also. guys i really need your help on this.

Maybe its just me but every other day you post a new problem with your NSX :confused: For starters, try posting in the technical/DIY forums and whats up with your ride? Sounds like a POS :frown: Leave it with larry and let him do his thing.... and just hand him a blank check :biggrin:

I would take the car in to whom ever is the best NSX tech where you live and tell them to go over the whole car top to bottom, front to rear and correct any and all issues so the cars runs and performs like it was intended. Nobody ever said buying a used car was w/o some costs.

I bought a '01 with 11K miles on it and still spent $1,100 on service issues the week the car arrived to make sure it was perfect. Have not had a problem since. It is called maintenance for a reason...... Now - Good luck.

Cairo94507 said:
I would take the car in to whom ever is the best NSX tech where you live and tell them to go over the whole car top to bottom, front to rear and correct any and all issues so the cars runs and performs like it was intended. Nobody ever said buying a used car was w/o some costs.

I bought a '01 with 11K miles on it and still spent $1,100 on service issues the week the car arrived to make sure it was perfect. Have not had a problem since. It is called maintenance for a reason...... Now - Good luck.

Agreed..

I am almost done with the maintenance of my car.. The only things left are to flush the brake fluid and change the transmission fluid.. Knock on wood, the car won't have problems.

I would suggest having the car looked at; they are a lot more fun to drive than to worry about..

-Jeremy

hey thanks guys for your response. i will contact larry. i wish a WORKED AT BRIDGEWATER ACURA!! HA HA. hope you be the one to tell me im driving a pos when i come there in august!!!!!!!!

I drove Mike’s car and this hesitation is up to 3,000 rpm's then it picks up.
By disconnecting the VVIS it got little better but not much. Next thing to do would be check coil pack resistance and inspect vacuum lines, after cleaning the throttle body. Back in 99 I had similar problem but I was getting engine light and after replacing o2 sensors it was fine. I seen similar problem where the EGR valve had problems, but it was bad idle.

I guess I will bring my POS to the BRIDGEWATER ACURA event in August too Mr. LASKO

winreboot said:
I guess I will bring my POS to the BRIDGEWATER ACURA event in August too Mr. LASKO

Looking forward to seeing all these POS NSX's! I still need some help setting up this event so anyone who can help.... Please PM ME :biggrin:

Back