Oxygen sensor problem - please help

The check engine light came on recently. When I brought the car to the dealer, he said it was caused by the front oxygen sensor and required replacement. I found this odd since my care just passed the rather strict California emissions test last week. Does anybody have experience with oxygen sensors? It's a 94 NSX so everything is getting old. I'm reluctant to repair this and find out that it's really something else (e.g. catalytic converter) causing the problem. Any thoughts?

The check engine light came on recently. When I brought the car to the dealer, he said it was caused by the front oxygen sensor and required replacement. I found this odd since my care just passed the rather strict California emissions test last week. Does anybody have experience with oxygen sensors? It's a 94 NSX so everything is getting old. I'm reluctant to repair this and find out that it's really something else (e.g. catalytic converter) causing the problem. Any thoughts?

just pull the clock fuse for a min and reset it. if it comes back, there is probably something wrong.

It may not be a bad idea to replace it since it is 14 yrs old.

Check out http://www.OxygenSensors.com get the NTK sensor with the harness as they are direct replacements for OEM. Don't buy them from the dealer.

O2 sensors can fail at any time and on your 94 it is located infront of the CAT so the condition of the CAT does not affect its operation. You can get a nice OEM type replacment one from speakplugs.com for about $60. The hard part is changing it.

Oh yeah, I forgot about sparkplugs.com :smile:

Back