Oxygen Sensor bad (check engine light on)

My check engin light is on and the code is reading a bad Oxygen Sensor. They Quated like 500$ I found this:
http://www.car-stuff.com/2005acuransxoxygensensor.htm
2005 Acura NSX Oxygen Sensor Replacement
Fits: Automatic Transmission.
Quantitysold: Sold Individually
Type: Oe Replacement, 4-wire
for 29$.
2 quetions
1: Is this the part I need?
2: Can I install myself?

Answers below;
1) yes
2) yes

Just make sure that you get the right sensor as you will want the O2 sensor after the cat. Good luck.

Not necessarily.....

It depends on whether it's the primary 02 sensor (the one in the header) or the secondary (the one in the cat). You need to find out the exact code or which 02 sensor is the one showing bad.

If it's the primary - add a 0 to that price - as in $200 each.

And yes you can install either one yourself.

Last edited:
Has anybody used the Denso O2 sensor from oxygensensors.com for a 91? I was thinking of getting the NTK factory sensors from science of speed but Denso is a cheaper alternative and I have heard good things about them.

Thanks

Last edited:
If you replace the O2 after the catalytic, it will cost you 45-50 dollars. The O2 before the catalytic costs about 150-160. The one they list for 29 dollars is probably universal. If so, you will need to cut and reuse your old connector.

To me they are both high quality parts. Seems as though toyota like Denso, and honda prefer NGK or NTK. Samething. Ive have used both. Ngk on toyo and denso on my honda and vice versa..

Original from factory:
Honda and Toyota use the same DENSO brand for the O2 sensor. Nissan and Honda use the same NTK/NGK brand of spark plug. They are all good to use.
:smile:

Back