Owner no more....

Last night I watched the NSX drive off with a new owner at the wheel. I really enjoyed the car and this forum has been a wealth of information during the time I have owned it. I was not actually looking to sell but one day a few weeks ago I was looking at the WTB's and found Alex's posting and the rest is history. The new owner is a great guy and I'm sure he will be stopping by since he will likely have questions.

I will most likely wait for spring and either look for a 911 turbo to add to the garage or go with an M3 or 350Z for a daily. The Saab gets great fuel economy but is not the most engaging drive.

Thanks again for all the great information I have received here on the forum. You all have great taste in automobiles.

Sorry to see you go Dave. The 350Z may feel a little chintzy after the NSX ,but the M3 is nice. I just slapped some all seasons on mine about a week ago I'll let you know how it does in the snow :eek:

I have never even driven the Z so I guess that will be the next step. I found an 05 Z, locally, with 4k miles for $24K and there is a 05 M3 at a Birmingham dealer for about $48 with similar miles. I know that you can't even compare the two cars but at $24K I won't have a problem flogging the Z at Waterford Hills but the M3 would be a different story.

I'll wait for spring to decide. Let me know how the winter tires work on the M3. Which tire did you buy? I run Dunlop Winter Sport M3's on the Saab and they are great. While they give up a bit of performance in pure snow/ice conditions they are really not bad on dry roads. I was not willing to accept the sloppy feeling from the original winter tires that were introduced 10+ years ago and the Donlop M3 is a good compromise.

I actually put a set of Pirelli P Zero Nero M+S on my M3. I put these on my 9-5 Aero wagon last year and the car was just about unstoppable. I was going to go with winter tires ,but decided I just wouldn't drive it in anything to bad. Of course I love sliding around in winter. Yeah I take it easy when there are alot of cars out :biggrin:

How do you like the 9-3 in snow?

The 9.3 works well in the snow. It also has stability management which saved my but at least once last winter! Over all it seems to be a nice car. I get 25/26 MPG during the summer months driving it to work. I don't know how Saab will stay in business though. Their cars are nice but there is nothing that stands out in a very competitive segment. As good as the car has been to me I doubt very much that I will get another one when there are BMW's, Audi's, Lexus, and Infiniti's that are similar in price and are much more fun to drive.

Dave in Clarkston said:
...I was not actually looking to sell but one day a few weeks ago I was looking at the WTB's and found Alex's posting and the rest is history...

Please forgive my ignorance, but what are the WTB's, and why did they make you sell your NSX? :confused:

Back