Oscar! WTF?!?!

I'm sorry, Oscar, I'll have to say it again that I prefer the '02 look:

The way the gunmetal works with the darkened front lens covers, the tinted glass, the dark rear spoiler, the black diffuser, well, it just . . . . works.

The silver wheels look great, but IMHO, the style, the color, the cohesiveness was simply there with the gunmetal '02 in a way the latest version just is not. I know that's not what you want to hear, but that's what I think. Sorry if that disappoints. I LOVED the look of the '02 gunmetal on your car. It's what made Oscar's NSX, Oscar's NSX.

FWIW, Tammy thinks the new wheels are an immense improvement, so, there ya go. It's in the eye of the beholder, and Oscar, when you are the beholder and you prefer the new look, well, that's all that counts.

I love the 02+ as well but the fact that Oscar lives in Florida and can flip flop rims year round is pure awesomeness to me.

I don't usually get caught up in the styles of everybody's cars, but since this is such a hot topic and involves good ol' Oscar, I do have this to say, lol.

The AVS Model 5 looks good and works well with Oscar's car (and I would just like to interject about how everbody calls these ADVANs, but there is a difference between AVS versus ADVAN Racing wheels, granted they're both made by Yokohama, so just a little nit-picky item from me).

And yes, the '02+ wheels are stock, but I would consider Oscar's gunmetal '02+ wheels far from being conservative.

Compared to the Model 5s, the gunmetal '02+ wheels are very aggressive looking. The Model 5s I would say are more classy, but does completely change the look of Oscar's car.

I feel like the aggressive gunmetal '02+ wheels fit the character of Oscar's car the best and complete it, whereas the Model 5s tone it down.

This is all subjective, of course. And either way Oscar's car always looks good, so props to him (and I'm glad he's keeping his '02+ wheels).

I'm sorry, Oscar, I'll have to say it again that I prefer the '02 look:

The way the gunmetal works with the darkened front lens covers, the tinted glass, the dark rear spoiler, the black diffuser, well, it just . . . . works.

The silver wheels look great, but IMHO, the style, the color, the cohesiveness was simply there with the gunmetal '02 in a way the latest version just is not. I know that's not what you want to hear, but that's what I think. Sorry if that disappoints. I LOVED the look of the '02 gunmetal on your car. It's what made Oscar's NSX, Oscar's NSX.

FWIW, Tammy thinks the new wheels are an immense improvement, so, there ya go. It's in the eye of the beholder, and Oscar, when you are the beholder and you prefer the new look, well, that's all that counts.

Completely agree with both. How about doing the same gunmetal look on the AVS? That would look FANTASTIC IMO. :)

Looks great with the Model 5's. And if he ends up going gunmetal later on for a different look it will look sick then as well!!

I guess I'm just too old to appreciate the "New" look of darkened wheels that are supposed to "Enhance" the look of todays cars. I love the look of bright aluminum on a car and always will. The OEMs must agree as this is what they usually put on high end cars although they are coming around to the "darkside" lately but I think they are just following a trend. I actually own a 996 turbo that had darkened HRE wheels on it when I bought it but they also have a chrome ring around the rim and chrome lugs which is just OK enough for me to keep them along with the fact that they are really good wheels and I'm too cheap to buy others. Back to the point, Oscar, if I were you I would leave them on as is. Other than car guys if you were to ask most people I think they would like your new set up better than the old, it just makes the car color "Pop" rather than make it drab. Just my opinion.

Rumor has it that Oscar has been eyeing a set of these..... "Ballsy" choice don't you think? :biggrin:

View attachment 95888

Hugh,

Where the hell do you come up with this stuff??? You have WAY too much time on your hands.

Back