Original NSX press kit

I signed up to NSX Prime to just ask a question as I am not an actual NSX owner. I am a car fan and I love to collect original (mostly older) automotive press kits.

On eBay I came across what looks like a pretty interesting/rare NSX press kit ...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1991...tZMotorsQ5fManualsQ5fLiterature#ht_540wt_1167

However, my question is: Does this press kit (and it's "original" press event items) seem legit? Anyone ever hear of this stuff ... especially the VTEC rocker arm demonstration parts? I don't know a lot about NSX's, so I thought I'd ask on this forum as you guys know more than I do.

Thanks for your help.

things like this, you don't post about.

Thanks for the link, though :smile:

Nice way to get your listing extra attentions :wink::wink::rolleyes:

I signed up to NSX Prime to just ask a question as I am not an actual NSX owner. I am a car fan and I love to collect original (mostly older) automotive press kits.

On eBay I came across what looks like a pretty interesting/rare NSX press kit ...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1991...tZMotorsQ5fManualsQ5fLiterature#ht_540wt_1167

However, my question is: Does this press kit (and it's "original" press event items) seem legit? Anyone ever hear of this stuff ... especially the VTEC rocker arm demonstration parts? I don't know a lot about NSX's, so I thought I'd ask on this forum as you guys know more than I do.

Thanks for your help.

Wonder if this is really authentic? There wasn't much new news for the NSX in 2001 which is the date this press kit references. Not sure why Honda would have a press kit for it, or did Honda do this every year?

record...

For posterity's sake...

1991 Acura NSX press kit (original)
Item number: 120637075270
Winning bid: US $153.50
Shipping: $8.00 Standard Shipping

Original press kit for the (then) all-new 2001 Acura NSX sports car. This press kit is NOT something that was given out at an auto show, but rather the press kit given to a select few automotive journalists who attended the NSX long-lead event to become personally familiarized with the vehicle (including driving impressions) to write a magazine story. This press kit if from the personal collection of a long-time automotive journalist.

The press kit itself is comprised of a custom folder (with “NSX 1991 Press Information” printed on the cover) that contains four sub-folders inside. The first “News Releases” folder contains several different press releases including a typed (as in typewriter) personalized cover sheet signed by Acura Public Relations Manager Kurt Antonius (Antonius has since gone on to become a V.P. at Acura/Honda). The second “Features” folder contains a full list of all of the NSX's available features. The third “Specifications” folder lists all of the NSX’s engineering details. The fourth “Photographs/Illustrations” folder contains numerous black-and-white images of the NSX (including a photo of a bare aluminum body) along with see-through cut-away illustrations of the car and engine. Also within the forth folder is a form that journalists would fill out to request 4-color slides of the NSX be sent to their magazine.

The crown jewel of this press kit (that you will likely never see in any other press kit) are two different VTEC rocker arm assemblies that NSX engineers used to show the journalists how the all-new VTEC system worked (VTEC made its world debut on the 1991 Acura NSX). One VTEC rocker arm assembly is complete and held together with a small metal plate. The second VTEC rocker arm assembly comes apart to show how the various shafts, slides, and pins made the VTEC system work.

Also included is a real carbon fiber (not a sticker) luggage tag that incorporates the Acura logo along with a leather luggage tag embossed with the Acura Logo. In a box is a small Acura logo pin that was probably designed to go on a tie or a shirt.

Thrown in for extra credit is a new (unopened, unused) press kit from the Detroit Auto Show for the Acura Sports Car Concept that was rumored to be the next NSX. The press kit is a plastic carton containing a CD and an Acura logo’d ink pen.

Although it has nothing to do with the NSX, also part of the package is a Honda F1 metal keychain (however, it’s so big I don’t know who would use it as a keychain) that incorporates a leatherman-type do-it-all tool that is in the shape of an F1 racing helmet.

With the 25th anniversary of the NSX upon us, don’t miss this chance to own quite possibly the rarest known NSX promotional item. Everything is in mint condition and is waiting to join the personal collection of a true NSX fan.

On Oct-22-10 at 13:33:11 PDT, seller added the following information:

To top it all off, also included with the sale is a new (never worn) size Large jacket with a large NSX logo embroidered on the back that is just below an artsy illustration of the car. The NSX word is in blue threading while the NSX artwork is in yellow threading. On the front is a small Acura logo (in blue) with the word Acura written below in yellow.

On Oct-28-10 at 09:21:01 PDT, seller added the following information:

This just in ...

Digging around I also came up with the a typed list of 8 magazine journalists that attended the original NSX press launch at Laguna Seca. On the list, one of the journalist names is crossed out in pen and written in is another name (I assume one guy could not attend so another writer was sent in his place). In addition, the list also highlights the magazine photographers that attended as well.

Back