Ordered an Elise Friday!

I'm excited so I figured I would share.
We had a yellow 2004 Elise here for testing and I really liked it so I had to......... I ordered it in Magnetic blue which is very similar to Monte Carlo blue :) I guess this means I now will have to get a 2nd bubble for the winter and the NSX won't have to sleep alone :D :D :D
Aaron

Congrats. We want pics and complete review when it gets here. When will it be delivered?

Allow me to extend an offer to bring your Elise and your X up to Bay Harbor, MI for the annual Bay Harbor Concourse d' Elegance. Check out www.bayharbor.com for more info. I'll be there, and I'd love to meet up with you. Plus, it would be an honor to show you what I know of as the best road every laid out...

poet_x said:
...Plus, it would be an honor to show you what I know of as the best road every laid out...

Where is this road?? I want to drive it. :D

Meeyatch1 said:
Where is this road?? I want to drive it. :D

Senic drive from Harbor Springs to Cross Village. 20+ miles of twists, turns, inclines, decents, straights, and beautiful views. There are a couple if 180 degree turns that make my heart melt just going 25-30. Let me know any day you want to drive it, and I'd be most happy to be a co-pilot.

"The 20-mile portion of M-119 between Harbor Springs and Cross Village is known as the "Tunnel of Trees," a scenic drive paralleling the Lake Michigan shoreline. Unlike other state-maintained highways, M-119 through this stretch has no shoulders and in most places, is not marked with center dividing lines. The pavement is not a full two lanes wide in most areas. The trip along this portion of M-119 features two sharp hairpin turns ("Devil's Elbow" and "Horseshoe Bend"), as well as trees and brush growing right up to the edge of the pavement. Needless to say, the route is popular with tourists (locals tend to opt for C-77 instead), who can slow travel on the highway in season to a crawl. In that sense, drivers are warned to use caution, being aware of slow drivers. The road in winter can become all but impassible with Lake Effect snowfalls and few snowplow trips...
The "Tunnel of Trees" portion of M-119 is under consideration as one of Michigan's first Heritage Routes in the "Scenic" category.
"

My wife wants me to get one! I came real close to agreeing with her, but then I read that the top speed was only 141, and after taking my current NSX out last weekend, I remembered why I bought an NSX in the first place!!!! I love this car! I also have decided to look for a newer low milage NSX.

But Aaron, I can't wait for a ride! I hear they are all sold already. When do you expect delivery? fall??

poet_x said:
"The 20-mile portion of M-119 between Harbor Springs and Cross Village is known as the "Tunnel of Trees," a scenic drive paralleling the Lake Michigan shoreline. Unlike other state-maintained highways, M-119 through this stretch has no shoulders and in most places, is not marked with center dividing lines. The pavement is not a full two lanes wide in most areas. The trip along this portion of M-119 features two sharp hairpin turns ("Devil's Elbow" and "Horseshoe Bend"), as well as trees and brush growing right up to the edge of the pavement. Needless to say, the route is popular with tourists (locals tend to opt for C-77 instead), who can slow travel on the highway in season to a crawl. In that sense, drivers are warned to use caution, being aware of slow drivers. The road in winter can become all but impassible with Lake Effect snowfalls and few snowplow trips...
The "Tunnel of Trees" portion of M-119 is under consideration as one of Michigan's first Heritage Routes in the "Scenic" category.
"

Wow...sounds like fun...when is a good time of year to drive this road....ummm, 'briskly'?? ;)

Meeyatch1 said:
Wow...sounds like fun...when is a good time of year to drive this road....ummm, 'briskly'?? ;)

Early May thru late September. Weekdays are better than weekends. I have NEVER seen a cop, but there are a lot of blind corners, so you have to be prepared for oncoming traffic. Also there is NO shoulder to move over on to. A H2 and my Sebring meeting took up all the road with a couple inches to spare on either side. Basically you have to pull into a spot between trees to let the SUV's by. But I normally don't encounter more than 3-6 cars during the whole trip, and I used to drive it 3-4 times a week when I sold insurance. I set my appointments there just for the ride. Let me know whe you want to do it, and I can make a weekend ride out of it for you. There are a number of great roads here with great views. That one just happens to be the best imo.

Thanks for all the kind words guys! The car should be here in about 90-120 days. I was previously on the list but could not decide if having 2 summer only, nice day 2 seaters was really that great of an idea in Indiana, the dealer was really cool about everything and never took me out of line. I have bought many cars from them (996, boxster s x3, etc) so they know I change my mind alot. In fact they always gripe that ever since this nsx came along, I am losing my frequent buyer status. :)

After some serious contemplation, I figure you only live once, and I just can't see getting rid of the NSX for any reason, so that's not an option. The only option I was left with was to add on to the cars we currently have. Plus I figure that way I can keep even more miles off of the NSX since the summer will be split between the Elise and NSX, so you see I am simply doing it for the NSX.....yea that's it!:p
Aaron

AaronR said:
...Plus I figure that way I can keep even more miles off of the NSX since the summer will be split between the Elise and NSX, so you see I am simply doing it for the NSX.....yea that's it!:p
Aaron

Dude....I am going to teach you to drive that NSX more...it NEEDS the miles.... :D

What are your driving impressions of the Elise vs. NSX or S2000? I would LOVE an elise, but it would have to be the daily driver. Was the one you drove 111S, or 111R?

There are a number of reviews of the Elise on S2ki.com, I'd have to think it would be an ideal Road America car, but a challenge as a daily driver.

I got to sit in it and rev it up, etc but could not drive it. The car we had here at the Tirerack was for test-fittments of wheels, brakes, etc. It is the car from the press/autoshows that does not have a vin and will eventually be destroyed. There were only 5 miles on the odometer and we had to sign a release promising not to drive it with the mileage certified.

After talking with my insurance lady, I'm not 100% sure I will take delivery once the car comes in. The insuarance is almost 5 times more than the NSX!!!!! Ouch :eek:
Aaron

Back