Optimal Bluetooth mic placement

Hey everyone,
Used search but came up empty handed. Can people recommend an optimal placement for a Bluetooth mic in our cars (1st Gen)? If love to see pictures of your creative and effective setups. Hoping to be installing my double din and Bluetooth this weekend and would love your advice.
Thanks,
Asif

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

My mic is where the B-pillar and the headliner meet by the windshield. Ran the wire down the B-pillar and over to my Grom bluetooth box in the center console.
This is the same place I installed mine for my Pioneer headunit. Seems to work fairly well.

Nice thanks everyone. Now pertinent question: do you all ride with your windows down while on the phone? And does that placement still work? I am a windows down guy in (California) winter too so need to ensure that I can have a working solution.

Nice thanks everyone. Now pertinent question: do you all ride with your windows down while on the phone? And does that placement still work? I am a windows down guy in (California) winter too so need to ensure that I can have a working solution.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk[/QUOTE

I almost never drive with the window down. I don't like wind.

Mine is next to the dome lamp.
1991 coupe.
Pretty good call quality. Was ok with the Grom
I have the willams head unit now. It has tuneable noise cancellation and now, even with the windows down call quality is very good as the mic is in front of the driver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine is next to the dome lamp.
1991 coupe.
Pretty good call quality. Was ok with the Grom
I have the willams head unit now. It has tuneable noise cancellation and now, even with the windows down call quality is very good as the mic is in front of the driver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sounds unique. Can you post a picture Warren?

I have never found an aftermarket headunit with handfree that has been able to do any useful noise cancellation for making calls with the windows down. When I want to make a call with the windows down I typically do it with my Plantronics Voyager Legend headset. The noise cancellation on it is excellent. https://www.amazon.com/Plantronics-...55&sr=8-3&keywords=plantronics+voyager+legend Just wear it on the right side away from the window obviously to help a little bit more.

That said in the NSX my STMPO exhaust is so loud it is pretty difficult to have any phone coversation with the windows down.

Last edited:
Back