Opinons on a new car

Well i lost my nsx about a month ago and its time for me to buy a new car but i just cant decide what i want. I wont be getting another nsx as im sure most of you would reccomend. Anyway if not for the nsx what would you get? Right now these are the cars that im looking at:

G35 Coupe 6speed

2001 and up bmw 3 series, 5 series, x5

2004 and up evo

2004 and up Sti

2002 and up tundra

2000 supercharged s2k (great deal from my buddy)

Anyway if you have owned any of these cars feel free to post your exp.. with them Thanks

*Here is a tip: Go to the forum for that car. The Prime is for NSX owners.
Forum URL's listed below:

Kp_VtekNiks said:
Well i lost my nsx about a month ago and its time for me to buy a new car but i just cant decide what i want. I wont be getting another nsx as im sure most of you would reccomend. Anyway if not for the nsx what would you get? Right now these are the cars that im looking at:

G35 Coupe 6speed
http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/f742/

2001 and up bmw 3 series, 5 series, x5
http://www.bimmerforums.com/main.php

2004 and up evo
http://www.evolutionm.net/

2004 and up Sti
http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/

2002 and up tundra
http://www.truckforums.com/forumid_19/tt.htm

2000 supercharged s2k (great deal from my buddy)
http://www.topix.net/forum/autos/honda-s2000

Anyway if you have owned any of these cars feel free to post your exp.. with them Thanks

I won't go for four doors car be it a normal car or a sports one. From the list I would recommend you to go for BMW M3, Z4 or Honda S2000. I also like X5, got eyes on VW Tourage?

G35 Coupe 6speed - A friend has a 2003. Wonderful car. Nice and quiet. Rides well. Looks great. I was not impressed with the power at all, but I am comparing it to my boosted car. Drive one and see what you think.

2001 and up bmw 3 series, 5 series, x5 - We had a 2002 325. It was a nice car, but the TL smokes it in every way. I do love the 540. That car just kicks ass. Lots of fun.

2004 and up evo -- Turbo Lag, Horrid Interior, Boy Racer looks. Incredible on the track. Easy to mod.

2004 and up Sti --Turbo Lag, Decent Interior, Boy Racer looks. I haven't been on the track in the STI, but it should be pretty close to the EVO

2002 and up tundra -- Trucks, I don't do trucks.

2000 supercharged s2k (great deal from my buddy) -- That would be a fun car. The stock S2K is too slow for me. I also HATE the huge bump in the passenger foot well.

Last edited:
NetViper said:
G35 Coupe 6speed - A friend has a 2003. Wonderful car. Nice and quiet. Rides well. Looks great. I was not impressed with the power at all, but I am comparing it to my boosted car. Drive one and see what you think.

2001 and up bmw 3 series, 5 series, x5 - We had a 2002 325. It was a nice car, but the TL smokes it in every way. I do love the 540. That car just kicks ass. Lots of fun.

2004 and up evo -- Turbo Lag, Decent Interior, Boy Racer looks. Incredible on the track. Easy to mod.

2004 and up Sti --Turbo Lag, Horrid Interior, Boy Racer looks. I haven't been on the track in the STI, but it should be pretty close to the EVO

2002 and up tundra -- Trucks, I don't do trucks.

2000 supercharged s2k (great deal from my buddy) -- That would be a fun car. The stock S2K is too slow for me. I also HATE the huge bump in the passenger foot well.

What he just said.

what do you mean "lost"? did you misplace it? :biggrin:

Not to be a smart ass but... what are you really looking for in your next car? I ask that simple question because frankly, your choices are all over the board.

Maybe if you figure out what you really want, we can do a better job of helping you.

Da Hapa said:
Not to be a smart ass but... what are you really looking for in your next car? I ask that simple question because frankly, your choices are all over the board.

Maybe if you figure out what you really want, we can do a better job of helping you.

Well really i was hoping to get some responses from owners/former owners of the vehicles i listed. Just wanted to see what people thought on them. When i go to online forums of the cars i listed, people there tend to be more biast so i thought opinons this way might be more equal. But i need to make up my mind and buy something this week.

Thanks for the replies so far.

Why do you not want another NSX? Need more room? You did not say.
I love my M5...if 4 doors are what you are looking for, and like the room..my M3 was a good fun car!...My Testarossa is still exotic enough..An S2000...they don't take a hit well (check out a salvage yard) but my NSX is still my fav daily driver! Just my 2c worth...

I pull my NSX with my Tundra.........
I am quite sure I would take the NSX over the Tundra!!!
I am very confused with your choices?
Sounds to me like you are looking for a practical car that is fun to drive.....
Buy an E46 or even an e36.

Steve said:
I pull my NSX with my Tundra.........
I am quite sure I would take the NSX over the Tundra!!!
I am very confused with your choices?
Sounds to me like you are looking for a practical car that is fun to drive.....
Buy an E46 or even an e36.

That is exactly what im looking for, a practical car that is still fun to drive. I do want another nsx but i want a newer six speed also at this point in my life i need to worry more about my future than my present, besides i just bought two houses within the last 6 months so its taking alot of my money every month.

Kp_VtekNiks said:
That is exactly what im looking for, a practical car that is still fun to drive. I do want another nsx but i want a newer six speed also at this point in my life i need to worry more about my future than my present, besides i just bought two houses within the last 6 months so its taking alot of my money every month.

G35 Coupe 6speed - Nice car, but after owning a Nissan, I don't think I would own another.

2001 and up bmw 3 series, 5 series, x5 - 3 series are somewhat underpowered in my opinion. 5 series are very nice. I don't think you can go wrong there. X5 is similar to the Tundra, not much in the "fun" catagory, but very practical.

2004 and up evo - Depends on what you want. If you want a car that all the kids have, this is it.

2004 and up Sti - See above.

2002 and up tundra - I'm not sure I would put this in the "fun" catagory, but it is practical. I guess it could be fun if you went off-roading. :wink:

2000 supercharged s2k (great deal from my buddy) - S2K's are great cars and lots of fun, but I'm not so sure on the practical side. Depends on how practical it would be for your situation.

However, I would also include the Acura TL in your choices. It is a great car overall. I would suggest going and driving each of the cars you have on your list and then decide which you like best.

Back