Opinions!!!!

I would be willing to bet that he will get very close to his asking price, assuming a clean title, minimal body work, etc.

Too little information to go on. Condition & maintenance are the factors that will drive the price on this car, pictures won't tell difference between $20k selling price and $35k asking price. I would also verify the transmission # against snap ring.

Pricing will be a little high as you are in the Spring Sportscar Buying season, but that also means more are on the market.

Either way, best of luck!

A stock 91 with 87K miles in excellent condition with all maintenance done and good records might sell in the low to mid-thirties.
Perhaps that's because it would appeal to any NSX buyer regardless of age.

Being an O2 clone this type of NSX has had lots of $ spent on it but I haven't noticed that these higher costs are being reflected in equally higher selling prices.
Perhaps the highly modified cars appeal to a smaller, younger, buying segment and this segment doesn't have as much money to spend on a car.
As well the collector value of these type of cars is gone because of the mods.

However this car at $30K looks like a good buy if the maintenance is up to date and there are some decent records.
For $35K a stock unit might be a better buy as it would have more market upside down the road.

I'd say he will get really close to his asking price. From the pics supplied it's a clean car. TB/WP is done. 87k is low mileage for a 91... I got mine with 73k last year it was like new still. I guess it depends in how it was taken care of. As far as collectible if these are mods you'd want to do anyway then it's got extra value. If not then yes it's not worth as much. You could ask if he's got the factory parts still. If so then even the collectible value is still there.

I emailed him a month back or so. There are some issues you might want to take a look at.

Here is his response to my email:

Maintenance
-Timing belt & water pump done 3 months ago
-Oil change every 3 months with Mobil 1
-clutch is still very strong
-probably can use tune-up soon

I believe I'm the third owner of this vehicle

Accident
-clean title but car had light front damage when I purchased the car in 2007, it needed new front bumper and passenger side quoter panel. repair cost was quoted for $6000 from insurance company, but decided to pay extra to go with 02 conversion instead

Problem/Issue
-has very small oil leak, I think is from oil pan. It's so minimum, it doesn't bother me
-ac works but make little noise

Front conversion
-bumper, side skirts, rear spoiler, rear valance from Downforce
-headlight, taillight, all nuts & bolts, small parts from Honda
-hood from Seibon

Aftermarket parts
Downforce air intake
Top speed header
Comptech exhaust
Prospeed cat
Pioneer system w/Kicker speakers

how many miles did your re-incarnated imola have?

But 87k miles.. Kinda annoys me

- - - Updated - - -

imo on paper and from this info it's still fair value.

i would be more skeptical if he bought it in 07, did the conversion and sold it right away; but seeing that the current owner kept and drove it for 6-7 years the accident shouldn't be too much of a problem i'd think. not to mention tb/wp is up to date as well.

I emailed him a month back or so. There are some issues you might want to take a look at.

Here is his response to my email:

Maintenance
-Timing belt & water pump done 3 months ago
-Oil change every 3 months with Mobil 1
-clutch is still very strong
-probably can use tune-up soon

I believe I'm the third owner of this vehicle

Accident
-clean title but car had light front damage when I purchased the car in 2007, it needed new front bumper and passenger side quoter panel. repair cost was quoted for $6000 from insurance company, but decided to pay extra to go with 02 conversion instead

Problem/Issue
-has very small oil leak, I think is from oil pan. It's so minimum, it doesn't bother me
-ac works but make little noise

Front conversion
-bumper, side skirts, rear spoiler, rear valance from Downforce
-headlight, taillight, all nuts & bolts, small parts from Honda
-hood from Seibon

Aftermarket parts
Downforce air intake
Top speed header
Comptech exhaust
Prospeed cat
Pioneer system w/Kicker speakers

Last edited:
If I was ever in an accident with any of my cars and wanted to fix it I would make sure to document the repair. I wonder if this guy took pictures of the car before and after. If the damage was limited to just the front bumper and pass fender I would not be scared off by it. The noisy AC could be an expensive fix down the road.

how many miles did your re-incarnated imola have?

- - - Updated - - -

imo on paper and from this info it's still fair value.

i would be more skeptical if he bought it in 07, did the conversion and sold it right away; but seeing that the current owner kept and drove it for 6-7 years the accident shouldn't be too much of a problem i'd think. not to mention tb/wp is up to date as well.
My Imola had 114k miles and the hoses were not changed when this car had TB/WP done. I'd have to convert the air conditioning too. I'm just concerned with what I want . I really like the 02 conversion but I was also planning on getting a 95. So I lose power steering, LSD, Targa. I guess I have to decide if the conversion is a good trade off. I just want the right car and power steering and the LSD seem nice since I want my next X to be a daily.

Last edited:
If I was ever in an accident with any of my cars and wanted to fix it I would make sure to document the repair. I wonder if this guy took pictures of the car before and after. If the damage was limited to just the front bumper and pass fender I would not be scared off by it. The noisy AC could be an expensive fix down the road.

I asked the guy for pics of pre-repair and he said he didn't have any. That was a big negative in my view. If it was me, I definitely would have taken pictures of it. Unless it was major enough that I would rather have it swept under the rug.

ok thats ridiculous and i agree with you. not one single photo of the repair/conversion process? that is a huge black X for me.

I asked the guy for pics of pre-repair and he said he didn't have any. That was a big negative in my view. If it was me, I definitely would have taken pictures of it. Unless it was major enough that I would rather have it swept under the rug.

A stock 91 with 87K miles in excellent condition with all maintenance done and good records might sell in the low to mid-thirties.
Perhaps that's because it would appeal to any NSX buyer regardless of age.

Being an O2 clone this type of NSX has had lots of $ spent on it but I haven't noticed that these higher costs are being reflected in equally higher selling prices.
Perhaps the highly modified cars appeal to a smaller, younger, buying segment and this segment doesn't have as much money to spend on a car.
As well the collector value of these type of cars is gone because of the mods.

However this car at $30K looks like a good buy if the maintenance is up to date and there are some decent records.
For $35K a stock unit might be a better buy as it would have more market upside down the road.

For me, I always rather have a stock car that I can then modify myself, but I did notice he says the OEM parts are part of the deal, so that makes this 02 conversion even more appealing IMHO. I'd seriously take a look at this car and consider it myself.

This is a good car for the right buyer. If it has some things you really really like : 02 conversion, black, some power mods etc, buy it. Make your list of wants in an Nsx and settle for nothing less. 31-32 k is a good price for this car if it's straight and repairs done right. Asking price is fair IMO.

This is definitely a good buy for someone who wants a first gen-02 facelifted NSX. I would recommend checking out the car in person, or have the owner meet you at a reputable shop for a PPI :cool:

Back