opinions please

hi everyone, i'm new to the forum and the world of the NSX. i currently drive a 93 rx7tt. i'm thinking of selling it and buying a 95-97 nsx. what do you guy think? this would be a daily driven car, i drive about 50 miles a day. i love my rotary but i just don't have the time to take care of her for the time being. the reason i'm leaning towards a nsx because i just think that it's the perfect balance of speed and class. what should i know about the car? maintence? cost? any info would be very helpful. thanks!!

Hi

I read the FAQ over and over again.

When I bought the NSX I knew a lot about them. I also read as much as I could about the NSX on this forum.

If I had a question I first tried to search for it and then if I did not find a answer (seldom ):) I asked here.

I do not think that there is a topic about the NSX that have not been coverd on this forum..

You are very welcome here and I am sure that you will enjoy a NSX when you get one. I am a new owner myself and I love it.

I have a couple of friends that have Rx7's. One of them have one with a rear spoiler that makes the car look like a shopping cart :)

Regards

smerkinseven said:
i'm thinking of selling it and buying a 95-97 nsx. what do you guy think?
Like martin, I think you should get familiar with the FAQ (just click on the words NSX FAQ in the red bar at the top of your screen). When you do, you will find that there are basically four models of the NSX (leaving aside the automatic version):

'91-94 5-speed 3.0-liter NSX Coupe (fixed roof)
'95-96 5-speed 3.0-liter NSX-T (removable roof panel)
'97-04 6-speed 3.2-liter NSX-T (removable roof panel)
'97-01 6-speed 3.2-liter NSX Coupe (rare; includes '99 Zanardi NSX)

So you should decide which of these four models to look for, based on your personal preference for the removable roof, the performance of the 3.2-liter, price, etc.

As you can see, looking for a "95-97" doesn't make much sense...

Puma did the same thing and he is not happy. You might want to talk to him.

I think his biggest complaint is the price of the mods for the NSX vs. the RX7.

This is by far the best place to get info on buying, driving and maintaining.... even selling (if you must) your NSX!

Just another shout-out of thanks to everyone here who helped me! :) :)

Read all the FAQ's... there's treasure to be found!

i tried the faq before i posted this tread, but all i found is info about the forum ie how to post. how to change your email.etc... what am i doing wrong? or am i just blind and i can't see what you guys see?

smerkinseven said:
i tried the faq before i posted this tread, but all i found is info about the forum ie how to post. how to change your email.etc... what am i doing wrong?
You need to click on where it says "NSX FAQ" in the red bar at the top of your screen, that looks like this:

navbar.gif

not the button below it that looks like this, which is what you did:

top_faq.gif

smerkinseven said:
or am i just blind and i can't see what you guys see?
No, it's confusing, and your error is easy to understand.

Mine is a fair weather daily driver. & I love it. I bought a '92 white 3.5 years ago that had only 23k miles at the time. I've put about 15k on since I bought it. Biggest drawbacks I find are, if you want to modify & upgrade, it costs more due to low volume, and compared to other cars, it is somewhat tire hungry. But I do plan on leaving the NSX in my living trust as I intend to never ever sell it.

Back