Opinions on this NSX? JH4NA1155RT000458

I'm considering a 94 NSX in the Phoenix area that has 37k miles on it with the following goodies: Comptech Supercharger, Short Gears, 4.55 R&P, Dali Racing Clutch, Flowmaster Exhaust, etc.

The questions are: Does anyone have any opinions on this setup for street driving, moderate to hard (not worried about track performance)? I've read a lot of info on the site of these components independantly, but not together. And how much would a fair price be for this car (assuming good body, paint, interior, mechanical condition)? I know that mods don't necessarily add much value to the car and can make it more difficult to resell, but wondered what everyone's opinions on a price range would be for this car?

If anyone has in specific info on this car, please let me know. I'm going to be looking at it myself in a couple of days, but would appreciate any info.

Thanks,

Stephen

Have the car checked out by Mark Basch in Phoenix if you are serious about this car. He'll do a thorough job and knows his stuff. if I remember correctly he also does it for free. Give him a call. He can also give you a valid opinion on the car from your questions. good luck.
nik

This car sounds like it could be a lot of fun. All the right parts, one of the most desirable years, and near the best NSX mechanic in the country. Check out the history, and have the car thoroughly inspected. I think this car in great condition would be worth at least $40k. JMHO.

I am definitely going to have Mark Basch check out the car and talk with him about it. The owner said that Basch did all of the work on the car and has all of the records, so he should be very familiar with it. Hopefully everything will check out and we'll have a new car this week. From everyone's comments it sounds like Basch is THE authority on NSX's, so an approval from him should be as good as it gets. Thanks for the reply Nik.

Anyone still have any comments on a range of what this car would be worth in their opinion?

That is about the figure I was thinking NCDogDoc. Somewhere around $40k or higher. I'm hoping it will be a ton of fun, can't wait to drive it:) . Thanks for the reply, any other opinions?

Hmm, it's hard to gauge pricing on a car like this with all the mods. It really depends on the buyer, some prefer mods others don't. According to the NSX pricing guide the $40k figure sounds fair assuming there are no issues. Like Nik said, talk to Mark and get the scoop on the car, then decide what it's worth to you. Good luck!

We went up and looked at the car on Monday, but weren't necessarily sold on the car. The condition is not exactly what we were looking for with a lot of rock chips peppering the front bumper and a few on the hood. There was also a decent sized scratch on the driver's side door (low to the ground) that has been touched up. The seller did mention the rock chips and the scratch and was upfront about it all, but there were still more than I had imagined.

I must say that I wasn't blown away by the performance of the supercharger at all. It may have been faster, but that was offset for me by the constant whine/whirring of the supercharger. At idle it really seemed to run very rough. The rest of the car was in great condition, but I know that there are nicer ones out there and I was concerned about the resale value of the car with the rock chips/scratch.

So the search continues, but we do have a few others in mind and still may consider this one too.

Thanks for the interest Nik.

Stephen

Yeah, I do know that it idles very rough. However, it sounded worse than any NSX i'd heard before. In fact the first time that he started the car, it idled roughly for about five seconds and then died. Even so, it was more the condition of the vehicle and not its mechanical viability that was a turnoff to us.

We've found a very nice 96 NSX-T in L.A. that I'm going to look at on Friday. Hopefully all will go well and I'll be driving it home in two days. Thanks for the reply Phoenix and I hope to see you soon in my new NSX!

Stephen

Stephen,

I am sorry that you did not approve of my NSX. It is an outright lie that the car died the FIRST time I started it. It died after some "Spirited driving" by you and your wife after it was parked on an the incline leading into my garage.

It really ticks me that you would come onto the forums and speak poorly of my car that I take such excellent care of, investing the time in selling. Especially after you said that it was everything I represented it to be. Of course that changed once behind a keyboard.

I ask any member of nsxprime in the scottsdale, az to "re-evaluate" my car to UNDO the ill judgements made.

The other statement made that really hacked me was Stephen saying that my car was the worst sounding one he has ever heard. WHY WOULD THAT BE and care to elaborate?

Then this I quote.............."Even so, it was more the condition of the vehicle and not its mechanical viability that was a turnoff to us.
"
My car is in excellent condition, even the bolster looks great.
I worship this car, and do my best to treat the car it's best.

Stephen, great you found an NSX-T. That's no reason to bad mouth my car because you or your wife wants a targa.

I was even willing to take it to BASCH for a FULL INSPECTION. Mind you he did ALL THE WORK (SC, GEARS, HEADERS, ETC)

Justin in AZ

Censored and acceptable for public use........

Last edited:
Hold on, guys. Before tempers flare any further, please keep in mind this is why Prime is such a great place to buy/sell an NSX: because <b>both</b> parties can tell their stories (and respond to comments) here. Let's try to avoid from making personal attacks, all right?

Now, from what Stephen said, I didn't think it spoke that poorly of Justin's car; just that it didn't meet his particular expectations. He made it quite clear it was "the condition of the vehicle and not its mechanical viability" that turned him off. Some people are more picky than others, so this would not stop me from looking at Justin's NSX if I were in the market for one.

Justin, if you want a testimonial from another NSXer for peace of mind, you are more than welcome to join us for a BBQ at Basch Acura this Saturday:

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16658

bump

snyper2727,

I’m really close to buying your old car! But I have a few questions.

They are asking 41,900 for it, with no additional mods other than yokohamas instead of the nittos. What did you sell it for? I'm looking for a FI car in the mid $30k range.

Last edited:
I offered 35k cash, but he wouldn't budge.

I did get to see the car "in action"...a local BMW club in San Diego were holding a track event at the stadium. It was a very well put together event.

The NSX had a very "don't f*&k with me" sound to match the speed around the track. :smile:

I hope he and I will find a nice compromise...I really loved the fact that everything works on it!

Last edited:
Back