opinions on the 94 SC'd in Arizona

I don't know anyone who measures at the engine - even then, wouldn't account for about 75HP!
Even CT's #'s from the link above are optimistic - here is a real user story, 360 RWHP with the high-boost kit (not 6lb)

http://www.nsxprime.com/ubb/Forum22/HTML/000120.html

p.s. that doesn't make this a bd car, just those numbers struck me as a little ambitious, or more likely has been running NOS - which generally is a more negative selling point than just the SC

[This message has been edited by D'Ecosse (edited 07 January 2003).]

I would disagree with you. Comptech states that the HP numbers at the flywheel are 12-13% higher than those measured at the wheels.

Therefore lets do the math....1.13 multipled by 367 HP equals 414.71HP

Originally posted by kinnsella:
I would disagree with you. Comptech states that the HP numbers at the flywheel are 12-13% higher than those measured at the wheels.

Therefore lets do the math....1.13 multipled by 367 HP equals 414.71HP

1) that's based on Comptech's numbers on 3.2 litre
2) a "real" end user's dyno was 360 with a high-boost kit, 20lbs over a 6lb kit
3) 340 x 1.13 = 385
4) I would challenge even CT to show actual engine data rather than their "guesstimate" of 12-13% - typical stock NA1 is 245HP at wheels vs 270HP crank - <10%.that now brings the number down to 374HP at the crank.
5) Regardless of al above, it's STILL misleading to claim that - NO-ONE quotes engine HP other than the manufacturers, because not many have capability to measure it.
6) If the owner can show a dyno of even 367 at the wheels, I will humbly stand corrected, even if he is taking license - but I very much doubt he could.

Back