Opinions of WRX STi

I recently sold my everyday driver ('00 Audi A6 4.2) and am considering a new '05 WRX Sti to replace it with.

Does anyone here have any experience with these cars, or know of a good Subaru Board (like NSX Prime) where I could find out more about them, and specifically how much they are actually selling for right now? Any other good cars I should consider for about $30k?

Thanks!

Mike
'91 NSX (Red/Black with 25,700 miles. Antera 309's, Taitec GT Lightweight exhaust)
'95 Porsche 993 Coupe (Red/tan with 32,200 miles)
'87 Porsche 911 Turbo Look Cabriolet (White/mahogany with 51,200 miles, 1 of 16 built)

Last edited:
All i know is almost every review where they compare the 2, they say that the Evo is way better than the sti. I have no personal experience with either of them though.

I have a evo and I like it better then the STI, If you want something that you can take to a track, drag race, and get over 700HP for around 5-6k get the evo. Right now the STI's stock turbo is pretty small and can put down around 350whp before a turbo upgrade is needed. I have 25k miles on my evo with 4 track days and 50+ drag strip passes on the stock clutch without any problems. If you are going to get one get the 05 evo mr, pulls a .98g on the skidpad has a 6 speed and some other nice things. The STi's are nice as well but I just like the motor in the evo better, people are revving these motor's to 9,000 rpm's with very little mods. Drive both and let us know what you get :D

3 of my coworkers have picked up STI's in the past year and they all love them. I've driven it once, been a passenger many times, and have raced a couple of times and I've gotta say they are bad-ass cars! The handling is awesome, the torque is awesome, but I'm personally not particularly fond of the look. If it looked like a G35 coupe and had the AWD and that kind of performance, I would pick it up in a heartbeat ;) For me it just looks a little too boxy and ricey, but if you're ok with the look, then I would heartily recommend getting one.

Back