opinion needed

Hey guys, this dealership is selling a 95 nsx-t for $47,000. The car has around 38,000 miles. Do you guys think this is way to high for a 1995? I called in and said the reason why the price is the way it is because it had rims and an exhaust. I checked around and saw most of the 95's going for about $38,000, around the same miles and codition. The main reason why i am looking at this car is because it is at a dealership and i can trade in one of my cars. They say the price is negotiable but if i ask for around $38k i think i would really offend them. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks

47k is kinda pricey just for some rims and exhaust. Usually you can tell the dealer that you want the car but want to lower the price because you are going to have to spend money to make it stock again. What kind of rims and exhaust was on the car?

E211AMG said:
Hey guys, this dealership is selling a 95 nsx-t for $47,000. The car has around 38,000 miles. Do you guys think this is way to high for a 1995? I called in and said the reason why the price is the way it is because it had rims and an exhaust. I checked around and saw most of the 95's going for about $38,000, around the same miles and codition. The main reason why i am looking at this car is because it is at a dealership and i can trade in one of my cars. They say the price is negotiable but if i ask for around $38k i think i would really offend them. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks

I wonder what kind of rim and exhaust could boost the price up that high :rolleyes: I got aftermarket rim I can sell you mine for 42K :D J/K

IMHO the price is too high for 95. (According to FAQ only A+ condition will fit within this price range) I understand the fact that dealership allow you to trade in your car, but let's face it, you probably won't get as much as you sell it yourself. If I were you, I'd sell the car first as private party, and then use the cash to buy a decent NSX. Therefore, I would keep searching for another NSX.

I seriously doubt that dealership’s price would be flexible enough to get it down to 38K.

good thing comes to those who wait. I believe every NSX owner went through extensive search to find their car, so don’t give up and keep looking.

btw can you provide some detail/picture/link of the car

Good Luck

Do not worry about "offending" the dealer. I used to sell cars and we heard it all and considered an offer as an opportunity to sell a car. Tell them black book wholesale is around 29,000 for that car with avg retail being around 33,000. I don't know what you have to trade. I would doubt the dealer has put more that 30K in to the car. If your trade has rims and exhaust, they will offer NO extra money for those items. Let me know if you need assistance with the process.

$47K is insane. You can get a nice 97 for that price. Which is what you would suggest if you can spend that amount.

Rims and exhaust don't increase market value by all that much - maybe a grand at most.

If you can find similar cars for $38K, then obviously, you're better off buying one of those for $38K than paying $47K.

The sales tax advantage on a trade-in depends on the laws of the state you are in, including whether you get the same credit if you sell your car in a separate transaction; the percentage of sales tax; the value of your trade-in; etc. Do the math, and see how much the sales tax advantage is worth to you. Then factor that into your purchase decision. For example, if you are trading in a car worth $40K, and your state has 9 percent sales tax, then the trade-in reduces the amount of sales tax you pay on the purchase of a new car by $3600. If you would be willing to buy a similar car elsewhere for $38K, and you would be willing to sell your car for what the dealer is offering you on a trade-in, then you ought to be willing to buy that car from that dealer for $41,600 in this example.

Of course, if you can find lots of similar cars for $38K, you ought to show those ads to the dealership as part of your negotiations...

(Incidentally, most dealerships set an asking price that is a lot higher than they really expect to sell the car for. They expect to negotiate down and they build this into their asking price.)

thanks for all the info guys, I am going to the dealership later on this morning. Here is the link to the car NSX LINK
Another reason why I am leaning toward a dealership is because I would be able to finance the vehicle. I currently do not have enough to pay for it cash. Again, thanks for the great replys. I will keep you guys updated.

Hello, remember that a dealership isn't the only place you can finance the car. Banks, credit unions, home equity loans, etc are several places you can finance it.

good luck

I just bought a 96 Mighnight Pearl (very rare) with 42K (miles) and over $40,000 in Compteck upgrades. I paid under $45 for it. It is not a perfect 10 but very close. IMO upgrades don't realy add much if any value to a car. And it was bought from a dealer. Paul Hermad Moter Cars. They sell a few of these cars you may want to give Paul a call 1-888-270-6083 he seems very good to work with.

96 Nsx, 01 Bmw M3 Conv. (for Sale)

make sure to run a carfax. be wary of dealer financing-a lot of times they will "spot" you the car based on your credit worthiness. this means they do not have a loan for you. you bought the car and then they call you back a week later to sign new loan papers with a higher payment and apr. i would go through my own bank or credit union as suggested in previous answer.

Hi

I have no idea about the price but would just like to point out that the brakes are changed too. Stock calipers, but with different rotors.

I am not that keen on the interior. I do not like wood inside my NSX. But thats me ;)

Regards

I sold my 95 (with aftermarket rims, stock exhaust), with all maintenance up to date (52k miles) with all records, for $34k. I probably could have held out for a bit more, and my buyer got a very good deal. I wish I would have run into you when I was selling mine - I would have happily slapped on a $1k exhaust and asked $45k for the car. ;)

LeftLane said:
Interesting , Martin.....I ended up with wood in my NSX every time I drove it! :D

Hi

I should have seen that coming :D

Regards

Update: The dealership reduced the vehicle to $45,000. Which is still too high in my opinion. Plus during the inspection, i saw that the entire rear end had been repainted (very poor paint job). Saw some runs and and dust particles in the paint. A few other private sellers is selling the vehicle for mid-to-high 30s so i will probably explore my options there.

Back