Open Track Day LVMS Outside Roadcourse April 23

I will be running an open track day at Las Vegas Motor Speedway Outside Roadcourse with SpeedVentures on Sat. April 23. :biggrin:

If you want to run that event, there's still lots of room. You get 5 run sessions, mostly 25 minutes, but one or two are 20 minutes.

Really fun track day, my first in the NSX (I have over 250 race and track days under my belt in other cars over the past 8 years, and competition licenses from SCCA and NASA). I need to learn how to drive this beast. :biggrin:

Glad it was a good time! Any vids or pics?

Sorry, no. The NSX I bought has a camera mount in it, but I don't own that kind of video camera. I had my digital still camera with me in Vegas, but forgot and left it at the hotel during the track day.

But here's a little report: I was driving kinda like an old lady because I didn't want to damage my new (old) NSX. I had a lot of fun and passed a lot of cars, but there were a couple of M3s and an S2000 in my run group that were faster than me.

I spun 3 times (SpeedVentures is a laid back HDPE group that doesn't give you too much of a hard time about spins unless they are really eggregious). The last spin put the car off in fine gravel, which got stuck in the bead of one of the rear tires, and I had to go find a tire shop to clean it out before the last run session. I made it back to the track with a few minutes to spare. Looking forward to tracking the NSX at Spring Mtn. and Big Willow in the next few weeks. :biggrin:

Back