Ontario: Need tires and quality shop to mount them on my NSX-R wheels.

I'm in Ontario/Rancho area and I need 255/40/17 tires for my rear NSX-R wheels champ white. These wheels alone are $5000 from Japan. I've been to couple of shops and they've said they "might" chip off some paints while mounting them. I've did a search but the ones recommended are all too far. Anybody around this area could recommend me. If not somewhere close. Thanks.

I'm in Ontario/Rancho area and I need 255/40/17 tires for my rear NSX-R wheels champ white. These wheels alone are $5000 from Japan. I've been to couple of shops and they've said they "might" chip off some paints while mounting them. I've did a search but the ones recommended are all too far. Anybody around this area could recommend me. If not somewhere close. Thanks.

I got my tires mounted on my Gold Advan RS wheels at Autobacs in Garden Grove. I know it's not close to Ontario but they are used to mounting tires on painted wheels. I had no problems with them. They weren't expensive either! Good luck!

I recently had tires mounted on new 18/19 Advans at Tire Central in San Gabriel, and they took very good care of my wheels.

I dealt with Donald, but either Donald or David will take care of you.

5132 Walnut Grove Ave.
San Gabriel, CA 91776
(626) 698-1182

Been there 3 times in the past 2 years. great service. call them ahead because they get busy! :biggrin:

I recently had tires mounted on new 18/19 Advans at Tire Central in San Gabriel, and they took very good care of my wheels.

I dealt with Donald, but either Donald or David will take care of you.

5132 Walnut Grove Ave.
San Gabriel, CA 91776
(626) 698-1182

this is what i do before i get new tires.

tape up the lip with painters tape.
ive had the rears replaced 5 times now and never a single scuff or scratch.

make sure the mounter uses atleast 2 layers of microfiber towels on the claw machine if thats what they use.

IMG_0205copy.jpg

or if you want to go to a really good place, go to shoreline motors on beach blvd in huntington beach. they dont even use claw type mounters.
it holds your wheel from the hub.
make the trip and spend the extra money for peace of mind.
its worth it.

Dang Erick, the tire on the right looks like racing slicks... Abe Lincoln coin trick thrown out the window, huh? Surprised I don't see metal mesh. Probably on the top side of the tire :biggrin:

my favorite place to do wheels and tires.. they are a high end shop which normally deals in high end exotics....

Shoreline Motoring - www.shorelinemotoring.com - (714) 698-1373

we had them do some one off wheels for me and they are extremely careful when it comes to mounting tires on wheels.

they are great, but not in the IE...

Give JLB motorsports a call, located in Corona. They really take their time to be careful and know their stuff. Prices are higher than other places but definitely worth it. You know they really care when they spend $300 just on a torque wrench for your wheels.

my favorite place to do wheels and tires.. they are a high end shop which normally deals in high end exotics....

Shoreline Motoring - www.shorelinemotoring.com - (714) 698-1373

we had them do some one off wheels for me and they are extremely careful when it comes to mounting tires on wheels.

+1

I had them do some work, and they are the most meticulous shop I've been to.

Some other places got recommendations, but didn't live up to the hype. This place was def the best.

I even tried to tip the workers for a good job done, but they wouldn't accept the tip.

Give JLB motorsports a call, located in Corona. They really take their time to be careful and know their stuff. Prices are higher than other places but definitely worth it. You know they really care when they spend $300 just on a torque wrench for your wheels.

definite thumbs up to JLB Motorsports! :cool:

Back