One step closer to my dreams:) Just a few more questions.

Hi all,
I just found a very nice 2003 Spa Yellow NSX near my house and can buy it for a good price. The car has 18k miles and looks clean with the exception of 2 minor issues. The 1st issue is a small tear in the rubber trim that goes around the top, rear of the front seat. I'm not sure what that is called. The 2nd issue is 2 minor rock chips on the front bumper. You have to look close to see they are there. Do you think this car is worth 56k? I can probably get it down that far. I got them down to 56.5k but I'm sure I can get another $500 off. Any thoughts?

Last edited:
56k is a really good price. Unless you really don't want to settle for anything less than perfect, I'd say it's a good buy (considering all records are with the car). Good luck on the pursuit and post pics if you do pick it up.

I do not think you should worry about rock chips in the front bumper. Unless the owner was ridiculously protective those will happen.

I suppose the rubber trim you're talking about is weatherstripping. It seems a bit odd that it might be torn, but worry about the really important parts of the car, not the weatherstripping. $56K sounds like a good price for a 2003 with that mileage.

Sounds like a great price for a great car. I ride around in my 02 yellow, with a colgan bra on the front to protect against rock chips, and I still have them on the side of the car, and on the hood beyond what the bra protects, so unless the car was never driven, or had a full clear bra treatment, chances are it will have some chips, don't let that deter you if everything else is perfect. Best of luck and yellow is the best color!!!

I always say, "If you had a 2003 Yellow NSX with 18k miles, a minor tear in the weather stripping, and a couple of minor rock chips in the front bumper... how much would you want for it if you were selling it?"

$56.5k sounds like a very good price.

I think $56K is a great price- make sure you get a PPI immediately and if all checks out write the check! Don't let $500 cost you a great car.

Thanks guys. I plan on putting a clear bra on the car I buy. I wonder how it would look if the local body shop fixed the paint chips. Anyone have any experience with touching up chips on a spa yellow nsx?

Back