One month celebration

It is now one month after I took my 94' red/tan home, and it's been a thrill on and off the road. I just want to thank all the active members at this site for all their inputs about this amazing car, it's been a entertaining :rolleyes: as well as educational experience! Thank You, Guys!(and gals!)
I've always wanted the car since it came out, now that it's finally here, it didn't disappoint at all. Yes, I begged the wife/boss for 2 weeks :redface: (and had to payback with a brand new Odessey :eek: ), yes, my 5 year old thinks his hotwheels are faster/prettier :tongue: , but it's all worth it! Took my brother in law out for a drive, we both came back grinning like silly boys. Yes I washed it and waxed it meticulously, yes I walked out to the garage at night and admire it, yes I took truck loads of pictures, yes I love that roar of that engine behind me as it pushes me forward, yes, I keep looking at all the beautiful curves of this car, very few cars(or members of the female gender) can compete, it's like staring at a piece of art. Does the lover affair ever end? :confused: My neigbour down the street has a 348, I'm sorry, I still think my NSX is a lot sexier. :biggrin:
It was a great bonding experience driving it back to Omaha from D.C. (Todd, are you still out here in the neigbourhood?). 2 days and 1600 miles of soIid joy ride. I must say it does attract a lot of attention - good and bad - aggressive drivers who wants to race, young guys who wants to see how fast it can go. And these 2 college girls in their Civic keeps wanting to eat my butt! :eek:
Dom

Last edited:
you live in papillion! holy crap! An actual NSX owner! Congrats on the purchase, I hope you know you are 1 of 4 in town. Very rare indeed.

Maybe if i end up wussing out and pick one up this winter we can get together. I would love to see it sometime. Enjoy your purchase!!!

What are the details on your car???

I bought mine new in June of '03 and I'm still in love.

Have you had yours on the track yet? Your smile will grow even bigger once you see what the NSX can do.

da3dalus said:
you live in papillion! holy crap! An actual NSX owner! Congrats on the purchase, I hope you know you are 1 of 4 in town. Very rare indeed.

Maybe if i end up wussing out and pick one up this winter we can get together. I would love to see it sometime. Enjoy your purchase!!!

What are the details on your car???

Hey Matt!
When I registered the car, the guy said there's another 2, the last one must be in Douglas county(I live in Sarpy county). I know one is Todd(badtl1000s) on here, I don't know who the other 2 are.
So why haven't you got your car yet?! What you waiting for?! Read all your previous threads, don't listen to those old geesers (me included :tongue: ), you sounded like a very responsible guy (if that is truly what you're saying :biggrin: ) - 20 yrs old, going to school, working on 2 jobs, and have 30-40k stashed away, you deserve to get one. Forget about saving, unless your dad is a farmer or something :tongue: Planty of time to do that yet! When you're married, with kids etc, you won't be able to do all this. Live it up now, I once knew of a young punk that spent his last few $k of scholarship money and blew it in Europe! :biggrin: No regrets.
cheers
Dom

Last edited:
docmental said:
Hey Matt!
When I registered the car, the guy said there's another 2, the last one must be in Douglas county(I live in Sarpy county). I know one is Todd(badtl1000s) on here, I don't know who the other 2 are.
So why haven't you got your car yet?! What you waiting for?! Read all your previous threads, don't listen to those old geesers (me included :tongue: ), you sounded like a very responsible guy (if that is truly what you're saying :biggrin: ) - 20 yrs old, going to school, working on 2 jobs, and have 30-40k stashed away, you deserve to get one. Forget about saving, unless your dad is a farmer or something :tongue: Planty of time to do that yet! When you're married, with kids etc, you won't be able to do all this. Live it up now, I once knew of a young punk that spent his last few $k of scholarship money and blew it in Europe! :biggrin: No regrets.
cheers
Dom

I cant tell you how much hearing that actually means to me. Everyone on here tells you to play it safe, but you echo exactly what i'm thinking. Live it up now, while you can, because I dont know what next year or the next year brings and I want to enjoy every minute I have here. A lot has changed however, as I am currently unemployed over the winter due to me not wanting to be involved with a illegal scam that was going on at my former investing firm. A lot of that stashed money went into building up my current car, but I have an offer to sell that for a decent amount, and be able to basically just swith to an NSX and come out a bit ahead.

Honestly, thanks for your opinion. It means a lot.

As for your car... WOW. What is she? A 91-92 with 95-99 wheels? Looks gorgeous!!!

As far as I know, there is a black 96 Targa, a yellow 97 Targa, a comptech supercharged 2002 imola orange (but last i checked i stumbled upon it on ebay), and a red 91-92 with aftermarket black wheels. And then there is you. I cant imagine the looks you must get driving that thing around here! No one knows what they are!!! :biggrin:

Have a great one!

orbusrex said:
Congrats... I'm on the same page as you. 1 week today for me. The wife already says I love the car more than her!!!

Watch out! That's the first sign that she's gonna spend equal or greater amount of money on something she'll love more than you! :eek: I'm talking from experience!

da3dalus said:
As for your car... WOW. What is she? A 91-92 with 95-99 wheels? Looks gorgeous!!!!
It's a NSX, why? :biggrin:

da3dalus said:
As far as I know, there is a black 96 Targa, a yellow 97 Targa, a comptech supercharged 2002 imola orange (but last i checked i stumbled upon it on ebay), and a red 91-92 with aftermarket black wheels. And then there is you. I cant imagine the looks you must get driving that thing around here! No one knows what they are!!! :biggrin:

Yes, I've seen the black 96' once, the red 91 must be Todd's, but never seen the yellow 97 or the orange 2002.

I love your initial story. I was the exact same way when I first got my NSX. I was in love with the car since I was a kid. Some people buy their NSX because the older ones offer great price/performance value, I bought mine out of the passion for the car.... and yes, I still love it! :biggrin:

isellpower said:
and the streets of Omaha with these.

Where are your V10 Ford trucks?

redshift said:
I love your initial story. I was the exact same way when I first got my NSX. I was in love with the car since I was a kid. Some people buy their NSX because the older ones offer great price/performance value, I bought mine out of the passion for the car.... and yes, I still love it! :biggrin:

Well said indeed! My feeling exactly. When I first saw it in downtown Toronto years ago, I stared at its rear end way longer than I have with some of the finer members of the our female species. :tongue: I like ferrari's and lambo's, but they don't strike me like the nsx does, this one just got all the sexy curves at all the right places - as far as I'm concerned. And after all these years, my feeling still hasn't changed, like a fine wine, it ages better than most. :wink: And that's why I like it stock, why change a perfect thing? I haven't have the honor of seeing your car yet, is it posted somewhere?

Back