one less nsx on the road

:mad: Sorry, hope your insurance co. pays well. Time to search for your new baby.

progressive said they will be in touch with me tuesday.
they will pay book value plus the new breaks and tires.
i did an napa with add for milage and excellent condition it is 28475.00
they will pay for my new tires and new brakes and rotors.
close to 30k with a 500 ded. i have had several peps ask me about buying it.
they will let me know the salavge of it tuesday. '
and if they want it it will have to be an immediat deal because i dont want it sitting around at my dads very long.
ky chris

Sorry to hear about the car. Being my worst nightmare, I can empathize with how you feel. My 2.5lb Halotron fire extinguishers arrived Friday because of pictures like this.

Best of luck, I'm glad you weren't hurt.

Hi Chris,

Oh my God :eek:
I am truly very very sorry for you. I think I know how you must feel. If this would happen to me I would be really crying, no matter whoever might see me. !!
When you are driving the NSX, there is always the thought of getting into an accident but I always tend to believe that if that would happend I would probably be responsible for it somehow so I could live with that.
But an accidental fire is something you can do nothing about. It really is one of the few things that scares me most.

Nevertheless, I'm happy to hear that you got away uninjuried in any way. Burns are one of the worst and painfull injuries one can have. I really hope you can work out a good deal with your insurance company and that your next NSX will be ten times better than this one (if that's possible of course).

92NSX said:
Sorry for the loss also.
For all the stereo gurus. If the audio system was to blame, why would it have taken so long (2yrs) for that to happen? I would also think that since that much time has passed then I wouldn't think the installer can't be held liable.
These are questions moreso than statements.

Why not after 2 years? I think it doesn't depend on how long it takes till the amp fails (if it really was it).

What brand was the amp?

Hi Chris,
Don't bother, get rid of the car and get the settlement money; You'll never get as much if you where to sell it. Plus it looks like she's damaged beyond resoneable repair costs.
There will be another NSX waiting for you.

Sorry for your loss, glad no one got hurt.

Can't believe how much damage fire could do to a car, i mean, the right rear fender is destroyed, looks as if the fender was made of plastic !! Q. did the engine or gas tank explode ??

Down here, a month ago a bus got into flames, 18 people were killed, roasted, pictures were..... speachless. a bad wire connection on the a/c system started the fire, cooling gas was too flamable, fire spred thru the air duct which were made of fiberglass.

Again, good you are alive to tell the story, others don't.

AC

92NSX said:
Sorry for the loss also.
For all the stereo gurus. If the audio system was to blame, why would it have taken so long (2yrs) for that to happen? I would also think that since that much time has passed then I wouldn't think the installer can't be held liable.
These are questions moreso than statements.

If the idiot installer didn't use an inline fuse with the power lead it would have taken time for any chafing between a sharp edge and the cable's insulation to make contact and cause the short.

I had an amp start a fire in my 1979 320i. The amp was located under the drivers seat. Fire started inder drivers seat. I was able to put it out with very little damage to the seat. It was obvious the fire came from the amp. I blame myself for some kind of bad installation job.

Reason for my story is amps can cause fires...

no the gas tank did not explode. it was not a sight to watch for anyone on any car.
does anybody have any idea what this car is worth. alot of peps are asking about it. i have no clue.

ky chris

ckarate2 said:
about 8 miles from my dads house the stereo started cutting in and out very wierd.( custom stereo and amp installed in right rear of car.)

Sorry to hear about your loss but at least you made it alive from this horrible accident.
I am electronics tech and own electronics repair shop. From what I heard and from my experience in amps here is my scenario of what happened. When you heard sound cutting in/out it could be indication that your speakers or speaker wires developed intermittent short. At some moment short becomes permanent, this causes excesive current draw in output section of the amp, blows the output transistors. Amp continues to draw high current through 12v supply wires. Normally inline fuse saves the day, but having 100A there is like having no fuse at all... So fuse holds,wires get very hot very quikly, they burn insulation and your fuel hoses located nearby catch fire. Rest is history...
So I would blame speakers or sp. wires. This happens more often then most people think, they blame amp but amps very seldom break by themselves
And what that freaking installer was thinking putting 100Afuse when 25-30A would be fine
Anyway good luck finding your next ride

David
99 red nsx

Back