One Lap of America

Just an FYI- The One Lap starts Thursday April 29th at the TireRack in South Bend Indiana. There will be some awesome cars to see. They will run the first timed event at our test track on Friday.

If you are close and have never seen the event, it is nuts! There will be everything from Diablo's to race Pinto's trying to manage our wet skidpad. Power plus water makes for a great show! :D

Aaron

Sounds like fun. I thought I would post the more detailed email I got from you guys on the subject, with good informative links . .

: : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : :
: : : : : : : :

It's May. It's Indiana. It's Race Time!

Start your engines, get on the road to The Tire
Rack in Indiana, and watch
the start and/or finish of The 2004 Tire Rack
Cannonball One Lap of
America. Competitors are looking forward to a
field of 100 vehicles and
some serious competition.

This will be the 21st driving enthusiasts'
extreme challenge organized by
Brock Yates and it starts and finishes with
skidpad challenges on The Tire
Rack's test track in South Bend, IN.

START: Friday, April 30, 4:00 p.m. Central Time
- Cars will be gathering
all day for registration and final prep. First
car onto the wet skidpad at
4:00 p.m. Central Time and then they will pack up
and begin the adventure.

FINISH: Saturday, May 8, 8:30 a.m. Central Time -
Cars will gather for the
final event, a second skidpad challenge (dry with
the cooperation of Mother
Nature). First car off at 8:30 a.m. Central Time,
followed by the awards
ceremony.

Read more about this event:
http://www.tirerack.com/a.jsp?a=AT9&url=/features/motorsports/one_lap.html

Map and directions to The Tire Rack:
http://www.tirerack.com/a.jsp?a=AT9&url=/about/map.htm

Other area attractions and accommodations:
http://www.livethelegends.org/

The Tire Rack
888-541-1777
7101 Vorden Parkway
South Bend, IN 46628

(c)2004 TTR

The 1 Lap is definitetly a great event. I had the pleasure of sharing a car in the 2000 race. Since I work for a police organization we drove a fully marked police car. A heavy sedan is not my cup of tea as a race car, but we flung it around most tracks with flair. We had a blast running at all the different venues (and lighting up; literally the overheads and siren when we completed our timed laps).

We had the chance to drive some great tracks, including Michigan International, Road Atlanta, Sebring, VIR and Lime Rock. Driving between venues during the night and sleeping in the car was a "survivor like" reality show; especially since we got some interesting looks and questions about the police car. We even took the liberty of breaking up a road rage altercation between two drivers in Ohio by hitting the lights and siren, telling them to break it up and hit the road--needless to say, they scattered quickly.

On the drive during the night to Atlanta we encountered a horrific accident with one of the vipers in the competition. He hit the back end of a truck pulling a flat bed trailer with the trailer bed turning the front end of the viper into an accordian--by the grace of God no one was seriously hurt. Anyway, if any of you get a chance to see the event, or better yet, compete in it one day, it is an incredible experience well worth doing. :cool:

AaronR said:
Just an FYI- The One Lap starts Thursday April 29th at the TireRack in South Bend Indiana. There will be some awesome cars to see. They will run the first timed event at our test track on Friday.

.............Power plus water makes for a great show! :D

Aaron

The results from today are CRAZY!!!!!

A Lincoln LS in 4th place and a dogde truck ahead of the best finishing BMW:eek: :eek:

Results here

When I was talking to Brock I was biting my lip about his NSX comments the whole time. I really wanted to say something, but he was a guest at our facility so I didn't think it was appropriate
:(

Re: Re: One Lap of America

ncdogdoc said:
The results from today are CRAZY!!!!!

A Lincoln LS in 4th place and a dogde truck ahead of the best finishing BMW:eek: :eek:

Results here

Don't be fooled, that trrrrrrrruck has a viper motor and is baaaaaaaaaaaaaad!

Attachments

• truck.jpg
    truck.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 234
Last edited:
the truck doing it's thing on the skidpad! He is running 335/35/17's on the front!

Attachments

• truck post.jpg
    truck post.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 210
ABC's the Bachelor Andrew Firestone had all the TV crews out to say hi! He was actually rippin pretty good in the Praxis STI!

Attachments

• firestone.jpg
    firestone.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 209
I would have loved to run One Lap this year....last year was a blast, and this year they are running even further. Hopefully next year I will be back in it.

Back