Once again looking at an NSX...

Alright, last year I came lurking on these boards and posted maybe 3 or 4 times. I have a 97' Talon with over 600bhp, and the time has come for a change. After an event this weekend, the Talon is going up for sale (Most likely, unless I get voted into the Sport Compact Car USCC). Now, a question for all you owners. Do you like your NSX's, if not, why? Also, if you don't like it, would you have gotten something different? I am currently looking at a 92 NSX with 91,000KM's. Anything I should look for? Besides the obvious (timing belt replacement, etc). Thanks for the help guys.

mc55 said:
Do you like your NSX's, if not, why?

Yes. Reasons:

1. Styling (it's gorgeous)
2. Reliability
3. Performance
4. Balance
5. Community (NSXprime, NSX Club)
6. Events (NSXPO, which will be in California this year, and very close to you next year)

mc55 said:
Anything I should look for? Besides the obvious (timing belt replacement, etc).

a. A/C works, all functions
b. Stereo works, all speakers
c. Snap ring status
d. Window regulator status
e. Maintenance status
f. http://www.nsxprime.com/FAQ/BuySell/used_nsx_checklist.htm

1. Tight handling
2. Rarity of the car ( I still have yet to see one in my neighborhood)
3. Mid-Engine
4. NSX Prime and NSXCA Community

Dislikes:

1. Torque

Yes I do like my NSX.
1) Styling. No matter how old people say the car is, I still think it is one of the nicest sports cars on the road today.

2) Interior. I like the smart simple layout that while too some may look a bit outdated, I feel it is a good balance and will actually withstand time. No digital odometer and gauges that will look real outdated in a few years.

3) Reliability. It's just a Honda. Insurance cost me about $12 more over my previous Acura Legend and maintenance has been only very slightly higher as well.

4) Performance. While I personally have never even reached the full potential of the NSX, it is good to know that if ever learn to drive it really fast, I can. I've only taken the NSX over 100MPH about 3-4 times. For me, I'm more show than go.

5) While my state is rather small, I've still managed to meet other NSX owners. Meeting up with other enthusiastic owners is priceless:)

Brian2by2 said:
Dislikes:

1. Long repair times

I haven't had any problems with long repair times. They fix the car in one day. Maybe two if it's a big job like opening up the transmission.

Then again, I haven't smashed mine up, and I haven't taken extra time to shop around when I've been told how much a service would cost...

Originally posted by ChrisK
3) Reliability. It's just a Honda. Insurance cost me about $12 more over my previous Acura Legend and maintenance has been only very slightly higher as well.

Thanks for mentioning low insurance rates, ChrisK; I had forgotten to list it, but that was certainly a pleasant surprise when I first found out about it!

Originally posted by ChrisK
my state is rather small

It has other virtues which compensate, though, right? :D

Thanks for all the reply's guys. I know the NSX is slow (its all relative), so that isn't really a concern for me. Basically anything is going to feel slow after my Talon, so I am use to it. Well, after the event on Sunday with my Talon, I am going to get the ball rolling. Once again, thanks for the help!

Hey man.. i would love to see this 600 HP talon.. i am in markham too! (on vacation).

Well, if you want some pictures, here are a couple...

d1.jpg

d2.jpg

d3.jpg

If you want to see it in person I will be at an event in St. Thomas (2 hour drive from us) tomorrow. I also have a video of it killing one of your own, except that particular NSX was supercharged. :D

I am in markham for the entire week.. no need to drive 2 hours to see it when you are 2 minutes away.

I currently run 30#'s on C16, and 22ish #'s on 94 octane. I also have a crack in my sheetmetal intake manifold that I have to fix. Even with that crack, and it leaking boost, she is making 450whp-510whp varying.

RyRy210 said:
You might have just got a poorly maintained '91 which is why there is a need for long repairs.

This is not a knock on Brian, but I do believe in another topic he mentioned his NSX was a salvage title. Therefore, I think his experience with repairs and what not are not the same as ours. From the pictures he posted his car does look nice though:)

Last edited:
I used to have a stock 91' Eagle Talon AWD Turbo and really loved the driving dynamic, handling, and the shifter on that car. Believe it or not - the NSX caried over the things I loved and then some. If you are like me - you will LOVE the NSX and it will remind you of the many things you probably love about your Talon - IMO.

Back