OMG this is the baddest Porsche I've ever seen... !!!

Just my opinion, but I think that is hands-down the ugliest Porsche I've ever seen. I hate to say it............if that car were driven downtown in my neck of the woods where 99% of the public would have no idea what it is, it would be laughed at by most and oogled at by the ricers.

Get a McLaren!

Well how many times have you seen a GT1?

I've only seen one at the LA auto show... I thought it was different, and different is always a plus for me... especially when all you see in LA is Porsche, Benz & BMW... *EVERYONE* has one...

Yet another reason I love the NSX ... you dont see it every day...

I dont want to be just another benz, bmw, or porsche on the road... blending in w/ the rest of the cattle...

Personally, my favorite part of the GT1 is the back ... the front is kinda ugly =]

And yes I agree with you ... a McLaren F1 WOULD win my heart over any day over the GT1 :D

-Electro

This is the lovechild of a Porsche 911, Mercedes CLK-GTR, Carrera GT, Ferrari 575 ... proof somebody didn't practice safe modding! :p

the rego plate "DW 9" stands for what? :D

Come on! :rolleyes:

This is a serious race car! It is the direct evolution of the Dauer 962 race car... the form is done like that because that is what makes the car faster & better. Similar to the ugliyness of the Enzo.
And quite a big difference to the "rice" Wingwest (yes, I have them, but I know they are only cosmetic and probably make the car slower), Marga Hills, Comptech, ... body modification that half of us do to their NSX.

Furthermore, the Mc Laren race car is a GT1 race car. This is a Group C converted to GT1.

GT is nice, very nice on the street. Group C cannot be beaten on the track. No questions.

Sorry for the rant but it is not always shit what we do not like.

PS: the old Porsche GT1 beated the F50 in all possible track comparison. McLarem, Zonda an F50 are very fast street cars.

I agree with Gheba. I think the Porsche GT1 is an awesome looking car. It is beautiful and functional. IMO better looking than my NSXs. If you judge a race car look by the street car standard, then you could say hands down the F1 formula cars are simply butt-ugly. I even think the GT1 are better looking than most exotic sport cars. Then again to each his own.
Steve

If you ever have a chance to look at these race cars up close, you will wonder why they are not on the street. Under the beautiful skin it is a F1 car. My favorites are Sauber C9, Porsche 962, Toyota 88C, Mazda 787B, and of course the 917. Vern Schuppan went one step further to build the 962CR for the street. With this car, you can forget about the Enzo and certainly it deserves the license plate of "EnzoWho."
Steve

I should have included my standard disclaimer-

"I understand that this car is probably faster and more exclusive than 99.9999% of cars out on the road today. I also understand that form follows function, especially in the high-performance world of sports cars."

I STILL think this is the ugliest Porsche I've ever seen. Being the superficial guy I am who thinks that looks matter, if I owned it I'd sell it immediately and buy something else. As stated above, to each his own and if you've got that kind of money to spend on a car like that, then buy it and be happy with it! :)

Here some infos about my favorite car, the Dauer 962 LeMans street version.

Some specs I like :

Curb weight : 1130kg
Power : 730hp
Torqe : 700Nm
0-60mph : 2.7s
0-120mph : 7.2s
Top speed : 404 km/h (250mph) :D

The spec I dislike :

Price : 850000$ :(

Attachments

• 962.jpg
    962.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 379
Dear God,
If you let me win the lottery, I will order a Dauer in Rothmans color scheme for myself, one for David the apple man, and one for you. Please let me know the numbers to buy.
Thank you.
Steve the good boy

gheba_nsx said:
Ehi Ehi Ehi! I think that for God, three Dauer instead of four would not be THAT big prblem! ;)

So include me in your prayer too please! THANKS! :D

Ooops! Forgot my buddy here. Please give Giuseppe a GT1 AND a 962LM too.
Steve

PS. I will check with Andrea if he got the check tonight.

Symbolics in San Diego has a couple of Porsche 962s available for sale. One of them is street legal in the UK (but not in California).

They are only asking around $380K and $450K for them, but I think they have pretty high mileage on them (each had an entire season of racing and training for racing).

Must suck having a car like that and not being able to drive it around the neighborhood.

Keep in mind, it's a one-seater. And no A/C, no floormats, no upholstry at all. It DOES come with a fire extinguisher, 4 point safety harness and a structural roll cage. Oh, and REAL ground effects, too. Also, I hear that it gets TERRIBLE treadware on the rear tires, because of the ground effects, and the torque to the wheels. And the tires are ALOT more expensive than the NSX OEM rubber.

Back