Oklahoma NSX Breakfast Meeting

It's time to get your NSXs out of hibernation and be social. I know we haven't had a get together since our beloved Social Director (we miss you Norm) left our circle but I'm sure we can still have a blast discussing the latest with the new and veteren owners.

I'm proposing a breakfast meet at Mimi's Cafe, 71st and Memorial, Tulsa, on a Saturday in late March or early April. I'll inquire about special parking up front. Alternatively we should be able to park w/i the Woodland Hills Mall lot (lots of space) w/o any problems. Please post up or PM me if interested!

Additionally, I was planning on hosting some DIY nights for the local owners throughout the year. Let me know if that would be of interest as well.

Best regards,
Shawn

Woodlandhills on 71st and Memorial..ahhhh brings back memories :biggrin:

Shawn is your car an original "Okie" car? if so then It may have been the 1st NSX I have ever seen (Acura Dealer on 51st or 31st and Memorial :confused: ).

Shawn,
I'm in if you're talking about March 31 / April 1 timeframe. The week before that, I'll be in Crested Butte skiing. When you firm it up, let me know.

I'll have to get the cover off the NSX and put a fresh coat of wax on it.

Shawn is your car an original "Okie" car? if so then It may have been the 1st NSX I have ever seen (Acura Dealer on 51st or 31st and Memorial :confused: ).

I bought mine out of state 7 years ago and I think it was originally sold in GA. Good memory! The dealer you're thinking of is on 51st and Memorial, Don Carlton Acura.

ISONSX said:
Shawn,
I'm in if you're talking about March 31 / April 1 timeframe. The week before that, I'll be in Crested Butte skiing. When you firm it up, let me know.

I'll have to get the cover off the NSX and put a fresh coat of wax on it.

Hope you rec'd my email about the wheel. And get your garage queen's "butte" out of the garage already. ;) I'm thinking that's the date we'll end up meeting on. I've got a fairly vigorous business trip schedule up until then.

Did Norm leave you an email list of the local NSXers?

Hey guys, I am new to the NSX scene and I am in Tulsa too. I have a black daily driver 93 with 60k miles on it, I am sure its a beater compared to most of your NSX's, but I am working on putting it in great shape. I am sure you will see it around town. I would love to be involved with any local events. I am a medical student so my time is limited, unfortunately I can't get all the stuff done to my NSX that I would like. Anyone know of a good place to get the T-belt/waterpump service done around here? I saw a mention of 4Star Import+Automotive from a 2005 post, I might check them out.

[email protected]
feel free to add me to any local mailing lists!

Last edited:
If anyone is willing to help with the following jobs, I could use some help:

-Painting Calipers
-Installing speedbleeders for brakes/clutch
-Colorsanding/Wetsanding/touchup paint
-Greasing the window spool/rails
-Installing new nav/stereo equipment
-Installing plugs (I got some new NGK Iridium IX's for $40 at O'Reily's)
-Fuel filter change

I know how to do the following and I am willing to help:
-Installing HID lights
-Installing LED interior lights (big deal, I know)
-Installing Trunk struts
-Off-the-record-medical advice for novelty purposes only.
Maybe some other stuff that doesn't come to mind

Last edited:
Hey guys, I am new to the NSX scene and I am in Tulsa too...

Welcome to the local NSX community! Make note of this thread every know and then for updates on some social events. I'm trying to get a list together of the local ownership so letting everyone know of these meets will be a bit easier.

FourStar is, indeed, the place to go. Ask for Frank or Earl.

FWIW, I saw a early model NSX drive through my neighborhood the other night and didn't recognize it previously. Perhaps that was you? Ever drive through Graystone Estates?

In any event, welcome to the community and I look forward to meeting you.

Welcome to the local NSX community! Make note of this thread every know and then for updates on some social events. I'm trying to get a list together of the local ownership so letting everyone know of these meets will be a bit easier.

FourStar is, indeed, the place to go. Ask for Frank or Earl.

FWIW, I saw a early model NSX drive through my neighborhood the other night and didn't recognize it previously. Perhaps that was you? Ever drive through Graystone Estates?

If it was a black 93 with chrome 7 spokes, it was me. I am new to Tulsa, so I don't even know what Greystone Estates is, but I may have passed through.

Make note of this thread every know and then for updates on some social events. I'm trying to get a list together of the local ownership so letting everyone know of these meets will be a bit easier.

I'm in Wichita, but Tulsa is not that far. Add me to your list and I'll try to get down there some time. Currently, I've got a CEL that notes O2 sensor trouble (warranteed) so I would like to fix that before I get on the highway.

Regards,
Shaun

I'm going to go ahead and schedule the breakfast meet at 8:30ish AM on Saturday, April 28th. This will allow me to contact all of the locals individually (as I get their contact info). I should have my car back from ScienceofSpeed by then too.

Anybody have any objections to inviting the local S2k owners as well?

****DETAILS****
What: NSX Breakfast Meet
Where: Mimi's Cafe, 71st and Memorial
When: 8:30ish, April 28th
Why: Because it's time to get your garage queen out of storage and socialize with the rest of the community!

Shawn,
I was just thinking about this driving to work this morning! I'm in. I'll round up the local NSX owners contact info and you and I can coordinate on contacting everyone. I've been out of town for the last two weeks so sorry for the delay.

I'm fine with adding the S2K folks.

I need to pull my right front wheel and send it off for repairs before I uncover the garage queen and get it out for spring.

I'll call you in the next few days to coordinate.

Tory

Thanks Tory. Yeah, just give me a call and we can coordinate contacting the locals.

I'll ask Julie to invite the S2K crowd to join us - it'd be nice to have a large group.

Look forward to your call.

So who all is coming out for breakfast this Saturday? I have a couple/few S2Ks coming and maybe an ITR, too. I'll be hosting our first Detail Day of the year at my house (actually, in the parking lot behind my house) after breakfast, to which you all are also welcome.

LS1toNSX, I saw a stock-looking black NSX at 91st and Garnett Saturday morning a few minutes after 9:30. Was that you?

So who all is coming out for breakfast this Saturday? I have a couple/few S2Ks coming and maybe an ITR, too. I'll be hosting our first Detail Day of the year at my house (actually, in the parking lot behind my house) after breakfast, to which you all are also welcome.

LS1toNSX, I saw a stock-looking black NSX at 91st and Garnett Saturday morning a few minutes after 9:30. Was that you?

If it was black with chrome 7 spokes it was me. Any NSX guys coming out this Saturday?

Amit

I'll be there...as well as a few other NSX owners. However, I'll be w/o my NSX. There's still a few more finishing touches before it's done.

I'll be there ('97 yellow/black), Mick is coming ('91 red / black with BBSC), as is Sheldon ('94 white / black). I'll have my NSX unless it's bad weather but I will be there regardless.

Thanks for setting this up Shawn.

Tory

Anyone have a double DIN or navpod setup that I could check out? I will be doing it in the near future and would like to see some other work before I get started on mine. Also do we have any Zaino distributors in Tulsa?

I can't recommend any local Zaino distributors, but I currently have a supply of Z-2, Z-5, ZFX, Z-6, Z-7, Z-8 and Z-16 I'd be willing to share during our detail session.

You're too nice, but since I have some fine swirls - I was going to use the new ZAIO abrasive polish then I will start with the coats of Z-2 and maybe even some of that new Z-CS stuff.

thumbsup.gif
I coordinated a group order not too long ago and it worked out really well, so I might do that again sometime.

Thanks, you are really an asset to the community! Is there any price difference when ordering as a group? Its supposed to be nice and sunny tomorrow - hopefully I can get my car all cleaned up before coming out! Any word on the reserved parking?

Is there any price difference when ordering as a group?
They charge a flat rate of (I think) $8.95 no matter how much you order. So I just split the shipping evenly amongst the participants.

My car is still covered in bug splat from the trip back from OKC last weekend, :frown: so tomorrow morning you'll get to see what an extremely filthy S2K looks like. Detailing after breakfast tho. Again, you all are welcome to join... Detail Day link (PM for address/directions).

A little off-topic, but since the weather is supposed to be super nice on Sunday, I was thinking a drive and photoshoot might be in order. Anyone interested?

Last edited:
Okay, ladies and gents...tomorrow it is. I'll be w/o NSX (but with supercharged Yukon!) and will start the parking line. We'll park w/i the Woodland Hills Mall portion of the area. This will give us the maximum amount of area for socializing around the cars and away from the rest of the maddening crowd.

Tory, be sure to comb your hair and brush your teeth this time. ;)

Back