OK, I'll bite, what is the world is this about??

That doesn't make any sense to me, but I know nothing about siezed vehicles. I'm guessing it's a scam -- the VIN doesn't look like a Honda VIN to me.

never even looked at the VIN, carfax says it belongs to a tempo.

CARFAX Talking CarTM
The story of this 1990 FORD TEMPO GL (2FAPP36X8LB141438) according to our interpretation of the information reported to CARFAX:
This sedan has had at least 2 owners. The first title for this sedan was reported to CARFAX by a Texas DMV in 1992.
It has had no minor or moderate accidents reported to CARFAX.
It has had no DMV-reported total loss events, like a major accident, fire or flood.
It has not been reported by a DMV as having an Exceeds Mechanical Limits or Not Actual Mileage title.
CARFAX found an inconsistent odometer reading. CARFAX is uncertain whether this reading represents a rollback or a source-level clerical error.
It was not reported by a DMV as a Manufacturer Buyback (LEMON).
Go to the Detailed Vehicle History for the complete history and a glossary of terms.

nsxautomatic said:
never even looked at the VIN, carfax says it belongs to a tempo.

CARFAX Talking CarTM
The story of this 1990 FORD TEMPO GL (2FAPP36X8LB141438) according to our interpretation of the information reported to CARFAX:
This sedan has had at least 2 owners. The first title for this sedan was reported to CARFAX by a Texas DMV in 1992.
It has had no minor or moderate accidents reported to CARFAX.
It has had no DMV-reported total loss events, like a major accident, fire or flood.
It has not been reported by a DMV as having an Exceeds Mechanical Limits or Not Actual Mileage title.
CARFAX found an inconsistent odometer reading. CARFAX is uncertain whether this reading represents a rollback or a source-level clerical error.
It was not reported by a DMV as a Manufacturer Buyback (LEMON).
Go to the Detailed Vehicle History for the complete history and a glossary of terms.

Wow, he couldn't even find a VIN from a good car! :eek:

E-bay should not allow posts without confirmed addresses, telephone numbers and identification. One should have to register with E-Bay to list items for sale. Then these type of people should be permanently bounced from their site. It would be so nice to catch these people and render then permanently unable to post on sites.

that has got to be one of the most sloppy scams ive ever seen

I just have to bid, anyone care to join me in running up the price before Ebay pulls it.

Bid $10,000 noticed the seller has 3 other wrecked vehicles up for sale.

Just got out bid, am going to go to $15,000 :smile:

Last edited:
The part where it says "THIS BEAUTIFUL 2005 ACURA NSX IS OFFERED FOR SALE AS SCRAP ONLY. MEANING THAT YOU CAN NOT DRIVE, TITLE, OR SELL, THIS VEHICLE OR ANY OF ITS COMPONENTS OR PARTS. THE ONLY THING YOU CAN DO WITH THIS CAR IS DEMOLISH IT. YOU WILL NOT GET A TITLE FOR THIS CAR" should be enough to know something is very wrong, who is going to buy a car they cant drive or use the pieces from? ..crazy stuff :confused:

zahntech said:
The part where it says "THIS BEAUTIFUL 2005 ACURA NSX IS OFFERED FOR SALE AS SCRAP ONLY. MEANING THAT YOU CAN NOT DRIVE, TITLE, OR SELL, THIS VEHICLE OR ANY OF ITS COMPONENTS OR PARTS. THE ONLY THING YOU CAN DO WITH THIS CAR IS DEMOLISH IT. YOU WILL NOT GET A TITLE FOR THIS CAR" should be enough to know something is very wrong, who is going to buy a car they cant drive or use the pieces from? ..crazy stuff :confused:
How much in a ton of aluminum worth?
Some one could cut it in half and hang half on the wall. I always thought bookshelves made from the rear spoilers would be cool. Invisible Cantilevered brackets with about 3 spoilers would look sweet.

I could just transfer the VIN from my 91 for an easy ungrade. :biggrin:

OOPS it's been pulled and I got this:

The following is a notice from eBay Trust & Safety regarding:

Item Number - 4563491975

Item Title - Acura : NSX

Our records show that you were a bidder or buyer of one or more of this seller's items. We recently removed all of this seller's active listings and have suspended the seller's trading privileges. Due to privacy concerns we will not be able to share further details related to this seller.

If someone claiming to be the seller asks you to complete a transaction outside of eBay, we strongly recommend that you ignore the request. Transactions for items listed on eBay that are completed outside of the eBay marketplace are not covered by the Buyer Protection services offered by eBay and can be highly indicative of fraud.

If you have not sent payment to the seller, we urge you to not proceed with the transaction.

If you have already paid, you may wish to pursue recouping your funds. Some steps you might take include:

1. Ask the seller for a refund
2. If you paid by check, ask your bank to stop payment 3. If you paid by credit card, contact your credit card company's security department 4. If you have made a payment by money order or wire transfer, you may contact that company for further information at 1-800-325-6000 (Western Union), or at 1-800-926-9400 (Money Gram) 5. If you paid with PayPal, review the Buyer Complaint Process at:

/csg/p?www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=p/gen/protections-buyer-outside

There are many tips on how to protect yourself with any Internet transaction in the eBay Security & Resolution Center located at:

http://pages.ebay.com/securitycenter

Our goal is to ensure that your eBay experience is safe so that you can buy confidently. It is rare that something goes wrong with a transaction on eBay, but we're here to help you protect yourself in the event it does. If you have additional questions, please send us an email using the "Contact Us" link found on eBay Help pages. Do not respond to this email, as your reply will not be received.

Regards,
Customer Support (Trust and Safety Department)

Back