• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Oil Pan, baffled, turbo return line ready for exchange!

NSX stock oil pan Turbo ready! Exchange ready!

I take a stock oil pan, check for flatness and sump clearance. Once it passes inspection, the pan is stripped and blasted clean. Then I prep for upgrades:

Heavy gauge oil baffle is welded into the bottom sump pick up area, this helps control pickup by keeping around the sump tube during hard cornering, braking and accelerations.

Turbo return line is installed, a AN-10 fitting is silver brazed in place on the rear of the pan in the correct location for all current turbo kits.

Oil temp sensor bung is installed in the bottom of the pan, once again I use silver brazing to install the fitting. This has a 1/2NPT fitting that can be stepped down to any oil temp sensor. Silver brazing is lower temperature so there is less distortion from the install, plus with the way the joint is designed the finished part is stronger than welding.

Once all the work is finished, the pan is powdercoated with a high heat, satin black finish.

This is the same pan I have been making for 3 years, I finally got caught up enough to make up a spare. No need to wait, I can send the pan, you remove yours and install the modded pan and send your good condition pan back to me.

$260 + shipping, includes a pan gasket.

$250 deposit on the pan.

PM if you need a pan and can't make the exchange and I can find a donor for you, or you want different fittings than are displayed here.

Dave
Cedar Ridge Fabrication
[email protected]

Attachments

• NSX oil pan 001.jpg
    NSX oil pan 001.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 344
  • NSX oil pan 002.jpg
    NSX oil pan 002.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 409
  • NSX oil pan 003.jpg
    NSX oil pan 003.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 479
Dave, is that my pan? Frank

Nope, this it's ugly cousin.

Yours is already packed and heading to FEDEX for it's return trip along with a Timing Belt Shield!

Thanks,
Dave

Last edited:
Sent,
Thanks.

Dave

I recieved my pan back last Friday and was very impressed with Daves work. It is impecable. I recommend this pan for anyone going turbo. It is definately a great option. Thanks, Frank

The pan went out on exchange, thanks.

I will post when I have the next one ready. Feel free to PM if you have specific need or want on one of these. I will also sell the baffle plates if you are a DIY kind of person. Only $30 for the plate!

Dave

Just got mine installed

looks like it came from the factory

install was a pain - was tempted to cut of my header pipe and then reweld- but in the end it was well worth it.

Rich

Just got mine installed

looks like it came from the factory

install was a pain - was tempted to cut of my header pipe and then reweld- but in the end it was well worth it.

Rich

Thanks Rich,
Got your pan back in great condition. Next couple of pans will be ready to go in about a week. PM me if you have any specific needs other than the pan shown in this thread.

Dave

Just wanted to say that Dave performed the Cedar Ridge oil pan exchange service for me last year, I have a full year plus of road race abuse on it, and it has worked out great for me.

I have 2 of these pans ready to ship/exchange, PM if interetsed.

Thanks,
Dave

Still have one of these ready to ship!

Dave

Just got a pan back for exchange, LMK if you need me to make one for you!

Dave

I have 1 pan back in the shop if anyone need a custom modified pan for their turbo/track/street application.

PM or e-mail me.

Thanks,
Dave

Back