oil filter for nsx

I was just reading the faq on the oil filter. When you guys say go to the dealer for honda you mean acura right? cuz if I go to a honda dealership and tell them I want an oil filter for an nsx they are going to give me a look like what the heck are u doing here...when I am suppose to go to Acura.
About the coolant, should I go buy the coolant at the honda or acura dealership? thanks so much. I am just abit confused on the faq. thanks

dave

Some parts may be available at both Honda and Acura dealers, such as the coolant. It may be worthwhile to compare prices.

You can find the oil filter at your Acura dealer. If you normally do it yourself, many dealer parts departments will give you a good discount if you buy half a dozen at a time. Or, you can get them shipped from one of the discount-friendly Acura dealers.

Originally posted by NSXLNT:
Correct oil filter part number is: Honda 15400-PL2-004.
Make sure to get a new crush washer for the drain bolt.

I bought the OEM Honda filter yesterday and the crush washer is already included with the filter. In a little bag inclosed with it.

------------------
ALL NSX
92 RED/BLACK 5-SPEED

I went to the honda dealer to get one.
They called the Acura dealer to get the part number and gave me one on the spot no problem.

Whether youre at a Honda or Acura dealer, just tell them you want the V6 oil filter. They all fit just fine. I've used a Legend filter on my car several times. Smaller capacity, but works fine, nonetheless.

Originally posted by 92NSX:
I bought the OEM Honda filter yesterday and the crush washer is already included with the filter. In a little bag inclosed with it.

That's because your dealer put it there. Good idea.

If your dealer doesn't give you the crush washers with the filters, buy them (dealers typically charge about 35 cents each) and tape one to each filter so you have them handy when you need them.

Originally posted by sjs:
Are there any hard facts to support claims that plain old Prestone or equivalent is any worse for the NSX than Honda coolant, or do people buy the Honda stuff just because the manual says so?

I wouldn't cheap out on something as minor as the fluids. Honda has designed the car to run on certain fluids, they know better than anybody what works best with THIER car. Stick with OEM.

------------------
ALL NSX
92 RED/BLACK 5-SPEED

I used to run aftermarket oil filters on my car until I had a conversation with my local NSX tech at the Acura dealership. He told me that it was important to run the OEM filter as it has a specific pressure setting that is different than aftermarket filters. While I'm not exactly sure what that meant, it was enough for me to buy some filters before leaving the dealer. I think Dali Racing has them available by the case at a pretty good price on their website.

Originally posted by Gary W:
The CM oil filter is a better choice.
http://www.cmfilters.com/spin-on.cfm

Gary

OEM is the best way. Period.
tongue.gif

------------------
ALL NSX
92 RED/BLACK 5-SPEED

Back