Official NSXPO 2007 Announcement!

The NSX Club of America, in cooperation with the Acura Division of American Honda, is proud to announce:

the annual celebration of NSXs and their owners!​

NSXPO 2007 will be held in Ohio, with the social activities Friday-Sunday, October 5-7, in the Columbus area, and the drivers school Monday-Tuesday, October 8-9, on the track at Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course in Lexington. The event will begin with the traditional kickoff reception at the hotel Thursday evening. Friday we will drive as a group to the Air Force Museum in Dayton for tours, then proceed to the Officers' Club at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base for lunch. After lunch, our country drive takes us to Marysville, where we will enjoy dinner in the showroom of the largest Lamborghini dealer in the country. On Saturday, technical seminars and vendor booths will take place at the hotel, while those less interested in cars go off for a day at the museum and shopping, returning for our banquet at the hotel. Sunday we will drive our cars in a driving dynamics program at the Transportation Research Center, the proving grounds located between the Honda assembly plants in Marysville. Monday and Tuesday, the drivers school will take place on the 2.4-mile track at the beautiful Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course, often called the most challenging racetrack in the country.

Additional details about the event can be found on the event website at www.nsxpo.com where you can register to attend. Register by August 31 to take advantage of the special early-bird discount on registration fees.

See you in Ohio!

Oh boy! Oh boy! Oh boy! I already booked my room and registered for the event!!!!!! Yeah! Can't wait.

Hi nsxtasy,

Do you know where spouses and friends would fall in? Would they need to pay a separate full registration if they just wanted to see part of the events or just ride along when on the track?

Also, would the track time monday and tuesday be open non-NSX cars?(inquiring for a friend)

Either way, I will be there!

Regards,
Bill
'95 T

Do you know where spouses and friends would fall in? Would they need to pay a separate full registration if they just wanted to see part of the events or just ride along when on the track?

Also, would the track time monday and tuesday be open non-NSX cars?(inquiring for a friend)

Only NSXs will be allowed on the track and passengers are not allowed except in instructors' cars. Guests must pay the full registration for the social activities because of contractual commitments that prevent the NSXCA from offering a la carte pricing.

I'd like to add few notes, now that all the event details have been posted on the event website. Particularly for those who have never been to NSXPO before.

This is a FUN event, as you probably imagine any event with 100+ NSXs would be. What you may not be aware is that we have some surprises and some nice things in store. For example, we always try to have great food at NSXPO! So don't expect rubber chicken for dinner and lukewarm pizza for lunch; think more along the lines of creative dishes at your favorite nice restaurant. And we always have some nice giveaways for everyone who attends.

Also, for those who have never driven Mid-Ohio, you're in for a treat. I've driven 26 different tracks, including the most well-known ones around the country, and Mid-Ohio is still my number 1 favorite. That's because it has so much flow and rhythm, where one turn throws you into the next, which throws you into the next, and keeps you engaged all the way around the track. You really have to drive it to understand just what makes it so thrilling.

You may be wondering whether or not to bring your spouse or significant other. YES! Many people do. One thing we've found in the past is that the spouses generally don't expect to have a good time, and they're pleasantly surprised to find that they make friends and enjoy themselves at the event. Not everything will be about cars (and, in fact, we have a nice day planned on Saturday for those who want to get away from the cars).

We have also tried to make this year's event a bit more affordable than in previous years (you'll note that the hotel rate is particularly attractive).

Hope to see you in Ohio!

I'm already booked for the hotel, and submitted my info for the NSXCA portion. If this is something that you're considering, do it!!! Due to circumstances beyond my control, couldn't go the past 2 years, was at WGI 3 years ago, great time, great people, great cars, what could be better!!!!:cool:

I'm all registered up and booked my hotels this morning! Thanks for the hard work!

BTW - the rooms are filling up for the track quickly. When I called at 9:30am today all the king rooms were booked already.

BTW - the rooms are filling up for the track quickly. When I called at 9:30am today all the king rooms were booked already.

You might want to call them back. When I called at 8:30 this morning I was told that there were no king rooms available and they quoted me a higher rate for the queens but after I pushed them to check their computers they acknowledged that they did have kings available so I would be surprised if they sold them all in less than an hour.

I just checked online and they still have Kings left as well as 2 efficiencies with kitchens.

You might want to call them back. When I called at 8:30 this morning I was told that there were no king rooms available and they quoted me a higher rate for the queens but after I pushed them to check their computers they acknowledged that they did have kings available so I would be surprised if they sold them all in less than an hour.

I just checked online and they still have Kings left as well as 2 efficiencies with kitchens.

Done. Thanks! They told me they had one open up when I called back. :redface:

Just to get everyone in the mood.......

NSXPO 2001 Road America

9476283-L.jpg

NSXPO 2002 Texas Motor Speedway

9476285-L.jpg

9476277-L.jpg

NSXPO 2003 Infineon Raceway
2527815-L.jpg

NSXPO 2004 Watkins Glen International

9792022-L.jpg

NSXPO 2005 Firebird Raceway

39070354-L.jpg

NSXPO 2006 Sebring International Raceway

102690423-L.jpg

NSXPO 2007 Mid-Ohio Raceway
INSERT
YOUR
PHOTO
HERE

I just booked mine online (king). So i guess they are still available.
I was told that our group rate isn't available on the website, that you have to call the hotel to get it. :confused:

EDIT: This information is for the Comfort Inn near the track. You CAN get our group rate at the Doubletree Worthington through their website.

Last edited:
I was told that our group rate isn't available on the website, that you have to call the hotel to get it. :confused:

Is this not right Ken? I entered NSX and it came up with the NSX EXPO 2007

copied from my confirmation E-mail

King
Rate Type:
NSX EXPO 2007
Rate per night: 99.00 USD

Total for Stay per Room:
Rate 396.00 USD
Taxes 66.33 USD
Total 462.33 USD

Total for Stay: 462.33 USD

Both hotels - the one in Columbus for the weekend (and track days, if you want to drive back and forth) and the one in Bellville close to the track - should have plenty of rooms for us.

If they tell you otherwise, please send me a PM or e-mail and I'll look into it.

Comtec was talking about Doubletree while the earlier posts, including mine, were for the track hotel. When I called first thing in the morning I had some difficulty getting them to acknoweldge our block with them saying the queens were 82 instead of 79 and claiming there were no kings in our block. They may still be giving out incorrect info.

Gotcha. Just to clarify - you CAN get our group rate at the Doubletree Worthington (in Columbus) through their website. However, you have to call the Comfort Inn (near the track) directly to get our group rate there.

How much track time and instruction both days does everyone get?

It may not matter since I may not be able to get a helmet on and still fit in the car. :frown: :frown:

It may not matter since I may not be able to get a helmet on and still fit in the car. :frown: :frown:

How tall are you?

The amount of track time depends on how many people sign up. At most, we would accept enough students to have four student run groups in addition to the instructor run group. However, it is more likely that we will have three student run groups plus the instructor run group. I'm not sure about the exact amount of track time per day, but if you assume that we have seven hours of hot track, that works out to 105 minutes of track time per day if there are 3+1 run groups, and 84 minutes of track time per day if there are 4+1 run groups. Just approximate estimates, of course.

Instruction consists not only of the time spent on the track, but there is also classroom instruction.

It may not matter since I may not be able to get a helmet on and still fit in the car.
Just recline the seat and scrunch your legs forward. :biggrin:

Back