Off Topic but THIS is an important event PLEASE Save the Date

To all my friends. I know this is off topic but I want to make sure that you save the date if you can :smile:
Please join me, my kids and hopefully 2000 other people in Edison NJ on Sunday June 4th for the 5th Annual MICHELLE OFFSIE MEMORIAL WALK 4 HOPE to Cure Breast Cancer. We have raised over $250,000 in the past four years for Breast Cancer Research and this year we are trying to raise more than $150,000. The reason is simple, almost five years ago I lost my wife to breast cancer after a long and hard battle. This walk was started by the daughter of a family friend and has grown from just 250 participants in 2001 to over 2000 walkers last year. I have a simple request that does not entail a long drive down winding roads, has no concours prizes, nor end in a FuddBurger. In fact this event gets you some fresh air and a healthy 4 mile walk (for those of you who only want to walk 2 miles there is a bus provided back to the starting point) with thousands of others who come to help find a cure so that some day in the future no one will have to lose someone they love to this insidious disease. Over 80% of every dollar raised goes directly to research and not administrative costs like many other fund raising organizations which is why we have partnered with City of Hope for this walk.

I appeal to you as a fellow NSXer and a friend to join us for the walk and if you can't come to Edison then please sign up to become a virtual walker and join us in support and spirit :smile:
You can get more information directions and pre-register on line at:http://www.cityofhope.org/WalkforHope/edison/

By the way for Bailey, Mike, TheDon, Tony and others there is lots of food both before and after the walk. It's been clear and sunny every year so wear comfortable sneakers, sunscreen, bring the kids and a BIG SMILE:biggrin:
I hope to see many of you at the walk :cool:

Alan

Ill be away:frown: but will make a donation:wink:

thank you alan!!! i'm with you 10000000% !!:smile:

Not sure if this is the weekend we're in Tanglewood, but if it's not, I'm there!!! If I do go to Tanglewood, I'll get a check to you!!! Two things that I contribute to, American Heart Assoc, and American Cancer Soc. I feel that if one doesn't get you, the other will, 2 great causes, 2 horrible diseases. Let's all come out and support Alan!!!!!

I signed up as a virtual walker:wink: Wish I could be there.:frown:

In case the walk doesn't end at a Fuddruckers, any chance someone could walk in front of me trailing a dogzilla on a fishing line to keep me going the full four miles?

But, never fear, one way or the other you will have my support.

Hi Alan,

Full support here:). I am thinking we can make it, but for sure a donation is pending:).

Regards,
LarryB

thedon67 said:
Ladies and Gentlemen,

I have taken the liberty of creating "Team NSX" for this event.

The link to sign up follows:
https://www.cityofhope.org/walkforhope/registration/register.aspx?c=4637&t=TEAM+NSX&a=-1

Alan, please add this information to your post so that it won't get lost in the shuffle.

Let's get a great turn out for a great friend!

Thanks for setting up the team Don. I am now a proud and honored member of Team NSX.

p.s. does that mean we get to drive the four miles?

I'm now registered and paid up, so whether I'm there or not, I'm there!!!:cool:

I spoke too soon about being able to attend in person. Unfortunately, as I was confirming that I would be attending along with guests, I was reminded that I have a prior commitment that I cannot get out of. I apologize to Alan and Team NSX for not being there in person but I am registered and will be there in spirit.

RSO 34 said:
I spoke too soon about being able to attend in person. Unfortunately, as I was confirming that I would be attending along with guests, I was reminded that I have a prior commitment that I cannot get out of. I apologize to Alan and Team NSX for not being there in person but I am registered and will be there in spirit.
Alright to balance out Bob, I've confirmed that this is the weekend I'm supposed to be in Tanglewood, but now my wife tells me that she has to go to Seattle on Sunday morning so we have to rebook the Tanglewood weekend. I'm all set to be there in person, and was going to volunteer to drag the "dogzilla" in front of Bob for 4 miles:biggrin:

thedon67 said:
Ladies and Gentlemen,

I have taken the liberty of creating "Team NSX" for this event.

The link to sign up follows:
https://www.cityofhope.org/walkforhope/registration/register.aspx?c=4637&t=TEAM+NSX&a=-1

Alan, please add this information to your post so that it won't get lost in the shuffle.

Let's get a great turn out for a great friend!
Come on everyone, great opportunity to join Team NSX and do something good. We had a great turnout yesterday for NSX Stock at Bridgewater, let's get the same turnout for this great cause. Alan is a great friend of the NE community and we need to support the fight against this hideous disease that takes so many people we care about. Hit the link above and join us!!!!:cool:

Peter Mills said:
I'll be there. Sylvia may have to go the school to shave points off her driver's license.:) Only time will tell.

Soooo now we know who is the REAL speed demon in the family:rolleyes: What is her corner exit speed (after all it must have been measured time and again):eek:
I am looking forward to seeing you at the event.
Tell Sylvia she can join us next year:cool:

Cmon Guys. We had 40+ NSX's for a weekend run can we get 15+ walkers to join us for a great cause:smile:

If you can't join us for the Walk 4 Hope then please join as a virtual walker for TEAM NSX and donate to finding a cure.

Thanks
Alan

Anyone else joining us on Sunday?

You promised, don't fail us!!!

It's been clear and sunny every year so wear comfortable sneakers, sunscreen, bring the kids and a BIG SMILE

Hi Allan;

Hope the walk a thon went well - I would have love to have seen Roger
with that Dogzilla trailing behind.. I was unable to make it due - to other prior
commetments - But the check is in the mail - sent to Philly to NE. City of Hope Offices and sent a copy of the event for Edison NJ & requested to add it to the Team NSX funds.. I check out the City of Hope web site - We should all do that as it has a lot of Info for us all.. ie Prostate & Colon cancers

regards & our best

Clem & Lori - The CT. Kids:biggrin:

clembeauch said:
Hi Allan;

Hope the walk a thon went well - I would have love to have seen Roger
with that Dogzilla trailing behind.. I was unable to make it due - to other prior
commetments - But the check is in the mail - sent to Philly to NE. City of Hope Offices and sent a copy of the event for Edison NJ & requested to add it to the Team NSX funds.. I check out the City of Hope web site - We should all do that as it has a lot of Info for us all.. ie Prostate & Colon cancers

regards & our best

Clem & Lori - The CT. Kids:biggrin:
Clem, wanted to drag the Dogzilla around for Bob, but he had a prior committment, so like you, he just made a contribution. I have to tell you that it was an impressive event. This went from 40 people 5 years ago, to over 2,000 participants yesterday. The NSX group did represent, Peter and Sylvia, Don and Lisa, Larry and I were there. Hopefully, next year, alot more of our NE group will come/contribute. We all know so many people who have been stricken by this horrendous disease. Tremendous strides have been made in the treatment and detection, but much more remains to be done. Alan has made a tremendous contribution by his founding of this most worthwhile event. I was glad to be there:cool:

What can I say... it was an amazingly emotional day that I was able to share with some very special friends !
I want to :smile: THANK :smile: Don,Larry,Peter,Sylvia,Roger and Lisa for coming to the Walk 4 Hope and for their generosity and caring. I was overwhelmed at the attendance for this event and the donations are still coming in daily. We estimate over 1700 people came to walk or run (Josh led the fun run with his XC team) and AS PROMISED the weather was nice. It was a cool breezy day and the sun came out after the walk was over. I hope everyone enjoyed the day and I hope to have many more of the NE NSX crew at the walk next year :cool:

I also want to thank those people who could not attend but gave donations to the City of Hope and I hope you can join us next year.

These are some photos from the walk. I will post more tomorrow:smile:

74138674-M.jpg

74133048-M.jpg

74138778-M.jpg

74138644-M.jpg

74133032-M.jpg

74133019-M.jpg

Last edited:
Back