OEM Carpet $691 per side at dealership?!?

And that probably doesn't include the smaller pieces in the front corners! I'd guess with those pieces the total for new carpet will run near $1600! The dealership prices for carpet are insane. I didn't even bother to ask about new floormats...

Anyone know where to get OEM carpet or something of similar quality for less? I need a set in platinum white for a 91.

Sounds very high, unless they're also including the piece on the side of the console in that price. The list price for the floor carpet is $502 per side and Sunnyside sells them for $402 per side, but the console side adds another $303 list or $242 at Sunnyside, according to Sunnyside's website. If you're a member of the NSXCA, you could probably get them for even less than that from one of the dealers like Niello and Goodson that offer discounts to club members.

DeuceB,

I think we need to establish a mainland source like Neilo Acura to buy our parts. I went in last week to get new bumpstops and their prices were about $10 more each than what the estimated parts prices are at the front of this site. It ended up costing me about $160 for 4 new bumpstops ($38-$40 each). The problem is often the shipping back to Hawaii (Air Shipping) negates many of the savings we could get even with the 30% discount. It just depends on what parts you buy. For the carpet I would think since it is in pieces the shipping won't be that high.

Acura of Escondido has an eBay store, and routinely discounts dealer prices. I've bought a cover, and a bra through them (Scott) and everything has been fine. I'd check there too.

JoeyCam said:
Acura of Escondido has an eBay store, and routinely discounts dealer prices. I've bought a cover, and a bra through them (Scott) and everything has been fine. I'd check there too.
Just got a reply from him and he quoted me $1,150 for a complete carpet including the sides. Shipping not included.

That's a lot better than the dealership. But still way more than I expected for carpet.

Deuce B said:
Just got a reply from him and he quoted me $1,150 for a complete carpet including the sides. Shipping not included.

That's a lot better than the dealership. But still way more than I expected for carpet.

I wouldn't expect a much bigger discount from a dealer on this item.
They may not have as much room from the manufacturer on this type of item.
I'm curious, what did you expect to pay for a vehicle specific, oem, complete carpet set?

A of E

I'm glad to hear his quote was bettter. I just ordered my Zanardi Floor Mats, and plan more purchases in the future. Super easy way to shop.

pbassjo said:
I'm curious, what did you expect to pay for a vehicle specific, oem, complete carpet set?
Well, if you really want to know what I expected to pay (don't know why it matters, but to satisfy your curiosity)...

I was thinking since the carpet is pretty small and in two bucket style pieces, I was thinking $800-$1000 for the complete set being that NSX parts are generally on the expensive end. To me, that's still kinda high for carpet. I replaced the carpet in a Camaro of mine a while back and the carpet was around $350.

I thought if I could make a post and save hundreds of dollars finding it elsewhere or aftermarket, I'd give it a shot. And guess what, aofeparts on ebay can already save me nearly $500.

:)

Deuce B said:

I thought if I could make a post and save hundreds of dollars finding it elsewhere or aftermarket, I'd give it a shot. And guess what, aofeparts on ebay can already save me nearly $500.

Can you elaborate please?

Deuce B said:
Well, if you really want to know what I expected to pay (don't know why it matters, but to satisfy your curiosity)...

I was thinking since the carpet is pretty small and in two bucket style pieces, I was thinking $800-$1000 for the complete set being that NSX parts are generally on the expensive end. To me, that's still kinda high for carpet. I replaced the carpet in a Camaro of mine a while back and the carpet was around $350.

No offense intended, saving a buck is something anyone can understand.
You mentioned that you expected to pay less and I thought it a fair question to ask what your expectations were.
If there are clear demands and expectations expressed by those who post in this venue it is a good cue for those that provide products for our car to see what the market demand/expectation is and develop products to fill those needs/expectations.
There certainly is a void for this type of item, interiors, seat covers, carpets etc. for the NSX and now as the car ages some of these items will be in demand. It would be great if someone started to make interior parts in different colors and qualities but it won't happen without the demand and numbers to support the developement of these products.
Take for example the seats in my avatar. The OEM price is very high and I would love to see them available at a more reasonable price say $1500 - $2000 a pair. Ain't gonna happen soon though.

JoeyCam said:

While Acura of Escondido runs a good business through Ebay (I bought my Zanardi mats from them), it would still be cheaper to buy from Niello, Gunn, or Goodson and get the club discount. I didn't realize this until after I paid for the mats, but now I know....

I would try using a foam product to clean the carpet (in the auto department of stores).

As far as replacing the carpet you can get the entire carpet replaced less than $500 installed from a local upholstery shop.
Danny

A place near Manhiem Auto Auction Eastern Region called Gibbles Uphostery could probaly install new carpet for $300 or so. Thats how much they quoted me for our classic 4 door caddy... The nsx carpet is less than half that size.

Back