What Keyless Entry system do you have?

• OEM Keyless Entry

Votes: 11 84.6%
  • Aftermarket Alarm/Keyless Entry

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • None

Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters
If you are thinking about installing an OEM keyless system based upon the poll results, you may be wasting your time. I recall that new ones are no longer available. If you try to source a used one, make sure that you get the correct matching interconnecting wiring harness. The harness for early cars is different from the harness for the later cars. Try a PM to member shawn110975. I seem to recall that he was fabricating or had some secret stash of the interconnecting wiring harnesses. Who knows, he might have a complete OEM system squirreled away some place.

If you are thinking about installing an OEM keyless system based upon the poll results, you may be wasting your time. I recall that new ones are no longer available. If you try to source a used one, make sure that you get the correct matching interconnecting wiring harness. The harness for early cars is different from the harness for the later cars. Try a PM to member shawn110975. I seem to recall that he was fabricating or had some secret stash of the interconnecting wiring harnesses. Who knows, he might have a complete OEM system squirreled away some place.
I found someone selling a used one with harness but I'm hesitant due to lack of trunk release.

Sent from my R1 HD using Tapatalk

Why bother with keyless entry...just one more thing to go wrong. And besides...what are we securing?

I have an aftermarket one and it's not great. The alarm goes off all the time so I put it on silent so it doesn't bother neighbors. It's surprising how quickly the options are running out for us classic car owners though. I don't even know what the options are today if you were to go aftermarket.

FWIW My 04 came with a factory set of key fobs. First time I've had remote access for an NSX and I like it. I'd say it's worth pursuing. I'd PM Chase and pick his brain.

FWIW My 04 came with a factory set of key fobs. First time I've had remote access for an NSX and I like it. I'd say it's worth pursuing. I'd PM Chase and pick his brain.

Thank you very much Shaun and call me a fool however I do not see a PM option here or under his profile. Any direction would be greatly appreciated l. Thank again.

Back